Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 09-01-2013, 10:23 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
Gator is out of business. They had huge issues. I loved their boards. I still ride the Prospect. Dusted it off this season And i have no clue why I ever swapped to a nee board. Built like a tank. Their business model just went down the crapper with some bickering between family members. I never saw a Gator binding or board with any issues in the 4yrs our shop carried them. Broken lace and a ripped boot, but the rider really ate it on an s bend.

I have owned several Ronix boards with zero issues. Bindings tho they don't seem to last as long as they used too, but daum ate they comfy and fit me great. The technology and materials in both boards and bindings have gotten so light and high end, but stuff just doesn't last like it used too. I stil have an original LF Trip with Ultra Suctions I still hit up every now and then.

Usually you get a core shot or ding before the entire board starts to peel. So keep an eye out. I had a Liquid Force Fish that had the delam. Used epoxy but it lasted 2 mos. maybe the resin will hold better, but if you ask me it's new board time.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:50 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, x-star, 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
Check out: Humanoid wake, slingshot, sine boards, gator boards (I own a gator legend and f'ing love it)

Steer clear of Ronix, hyperlite, liquid force, O'Brien imho.

Everyone has them. There are way better boards out there.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Thanks for posting those recommendations - what would look at in terms of bindings if you had common size 12 but Stoopid wide feet?? I have tried 4 different bindings and all make my feet go number than blue balls soaked in Novocain (sounds wired but I swear it feels just like that).
Old 09-02-2013, 09:59 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP46 View Post
Thanks for posting those recommendations - what would look at in terms of bindings if you had common size 12 but Stoopid wide feet?? I have tried 4 different bindings and all make my feet go number than blue balls soaked in Novocain (sounds wired but I swear it feels just like that).
I'm in love with Humanoids new Odyssey binding. It is literally the best binding out there for your buck.

http://humanoidwake.com/blog/products/?product=4352
Old 09-02-2013, 10:07 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatguy View Post
Gator is out of business. They had huge issues. I loved their boards. I still ride the Prospect. Dusted it off this season And i have no clue why I ever swapped to a nee board. Built like a tank. Their business model just went down the crapper with some bickering between family members. I never saw a Gator binding or board with any issues in the 4yrs our shop carried them. Broken lace and a ripped boot, but the rider really ate it on an s bend.

I have owned several Ronix boards with zero issues. Bindings tho they don't seem to last as long as they used too, but daum ate they comfy and fit me great. The technology and materials in both boards and bindings have gotten so light and high end, but stuff just doesn't last like it used too. I stil have an original LF Trip with Ultra Suctions I still hit up every now and then.

Usually you get a core shot or ding before the entire board starts to peel. So keep an eye out. I had a Liquid Force Fish that had the delam. Used epoxy but it lasted 2 mos. maybe the resin will hold better, but if you ask me it's new board time.
I had done some research at the end of last year on Gator Boards when the 2012 models never showed and zero announcements were made. I mean he won the Wakeboard legends award and was my favorite rider.

There is still a ton of old stock out there and it is super cheap. I want to buy one just to have a back up

Love love love my Gator Legend 136 with the legend bindings.

@VP46 My buddy just bought a humanoid oracle with Odyssey bindings and they arte super super comfy, they will flex almost as much as your ankle will allow without losing the support you need. No more numb feeling
Old 09-02-2013, 10:17 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
Yea it wasn't something they planned just the way it a worked out for Gator. I for one loved their stuff. Graphics wise not always the most appealing, but hot daum they rode awesome. That's actually when I swapped to the Mana. It was similar to the Prospect under my feet anyways and my dealer went Ronix instead of Gator due to the end of their line. I have never ridden a Humanoid board. I just am skeptical of always buying without riding.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:52 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X1
Humanoid definitely has some good stuff, and you get to avoid having the same gear everyone else does. I have worked with them on a few projects for engineering and can say they are a great group of guys. The original Oracle was an unforgiving painful ride, 2011 on is a great all around board. Swat, if you ever want to ride my Oracle, let me know.