Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Towers

Old 02-07-2018, 05:16 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2009 x45
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccelia View Post
I believe Kman also did the ZFT4 or power tower on his X45.....I remember seeing pictures and it turned out great, but I think he said it was a PITA. You might reach out to him about his experience.
Thanks. I imagine it's a huge PITA! Hopefully with the guidance of those that gave done it before I can minimize some of the missteps.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 X45 L18
Yep, that was me, and yep it was a PITA, but so worth it. There was a lot to do on my install though, and i wound up doing by myself. Actually getting the plates under the rails wasnt terribly bad, just time consuming.

Here is another guy on here that put a Samson blade tower on his x45. He has since sold it, and doesn't seem to hang out here anymore though.
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=60719

The one drawback to my install is that it no longer fits under an 8ft door. The PT takes a 9ft door. I dont know about the newer towers though.

I attached a pic of my boat and his.
Attached Images

Last edited by kman; 02-07-2018 at 10:57 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:48 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2009 x45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman View Post
Yep, that was me, and yep it was a PITA, but so worth it. There was a lot to do on my install though, and i wound up doing by myself. Actually getting the plates under the rails wasnt terribly bad, just time consuming.

Here is another guy on here that put a Samson blade tower on his x45. He has since sold it, and doesn't seem to hang out here anymore though.

The one drawback to my install is that it no longer fits under an 8ft door. The PT takes a 9ft door. I dont know about the newer towers though.

Kman, looks great! Where did you source the tower?
Old 02-12-2018, 11:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

It was blind luck really. Someone actually posted it for sale on this forum and my curiosity got the better of me. So i called just to get the story. Never a good idea by the way.
Finding a used one is the way to go, but they are going to be pretty rare. Dealer is probably going to be your only option and that's going to be expensive. That's why i posted the guy with the samson tower, it looks really nice too, and much more affordable. He was even able to use the mastercraft clamping board racks.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:21 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2011 X25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman View Post

May have been a PITA but it was worth it, looks great! Curious how well the front tower holes covered up?
Old 02-22-2018, 06:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun R View Post
May have been a PITA but it was worth it, looks great! Curious how well the front tower holes covered up?
Thanks!
You can't tell they were ever there, but I have a pretty good gelcoat guy.