Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 01-22-2018, 01:56 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft, Xstar, 2006, MCX350
06 Xstar trailer

This is a wild thought I know but does anyone know of an 06 Mastercraft Xstar trailer for sale in Florida? I am at the point of having one built, purchasing a used aluminum, or hopefully finding a factory boatmate somebody no longer would like.

I contacted the local boatmate dealer but they have not responded with a price. I am thinking a new trailer will be too much money anyway...

Thank you.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:53 PM
TT Regular

Well, I decided to have a custom trailer built and put a deposit on it. I know it will take some tuning but at least it will be sitting on my own instead of my friend's.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:23 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 07 xstar
which manufacture did you decide to go with?
Old 02-04-2018, 10:16 AM
TT Regular

Hello Snork, I am having a "Fastload" vendor build a custom 6.5 aluminum I beam trailer semi-based on the factory trailer with some differences. I am not planning to have the quad-bunk setup and do not want guide poles. Instead it will have side bunks to direct the boat directly to center. The factory trailer is a bit hard to load without backing the truck into the water, especially if any weight is left over in the front of the boat. It seems a lot of the parts these vendors use all come from rockwell anyway so I can always add to it once the main bends are made and bolted together. I can keep you updated if you are interested.