Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-22-2014, 09:29 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2016 ProStar 6.2L
Masterline Pro Loc Glove and Forearm Soreness

Hey Guys,
I started using these gloves last season. I do like them but I am wondering if the use is leading to forearm, elbow, and tendon issues. It sort of came to me last night during my first deep water start as it felt like my arms were getting pulled apart at my elbows. I got these gloves so I could ski longer free skiing but questioning this thought process. Does anyone else have this experience or offer advice?
Thanks,
Eric

http://www.masterlineusa.com/Masterl...ki_Gloves.html
Old 05-22-2014, 04:00 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 04' prostar 197 TT
Used those gloves last year as well. Felt awkward at first because I couldn't get my hand wrapped around the handle as customed too. After a few pulls later, love the gloves. Have not had any tendon or related problems on using them.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:06 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '96 ProStar 205, Sammy Duvall, LT-1
It does make sense that if you strengthen one link of the chain, it puts more strain on the others.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:20 PM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
I would assume that if you changed gloves and are now getting tendinitis in your elbows that you are squeezing more with your grip.

I started overloading on pull ups one pre season about 4 or 5 years ago. Got to the point I was doing 3 sets of 25 and then my elbows started to hurt. It got so bad that opening a door by turning the door knob was too much. I went and got the cortisone directly into my elbow tendons and stopped working out for a few months.

The worst part ever was when the cortisone shots started to wear off after 3 months. It was some of the worst pain I had weathered. It took a good six months after the shots before I could get back at it.

My suggestion is to rest the tendons. You could probably keep your new gloves but either reduce your sets or figure out how to not squeeze as hard or as long. If you don't rest those tendons you're gonna be in for a world of hurt. I was so determine that I was going to keep working out and skiing that I was wearing the tendinitis wrist braces while I was skiing. That only made matters worse in the long run.

tl;dr rest your elbows and tendons or you'll be sorry.

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 05-22-2014, 04:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 30th Anninversary 190
I use these gloves now and used Clinchers before that. I have been using them for 26 years and no problems. I love them.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:50 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2016 ProStar 6.2L
Great input. Thanks guys. CR you have me scared
Old 05-22-2014, 05:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 03 197TT 6.0 Cadillac LQ-9
Love lev love my clinchers. No issues that I'm aware of and I have an elbow that doesn't go straight anymore (don't ask). They allow me to foot for miles!

My one question is this: have you fallen hard at all and they didn't fully disengage for that split second and you hyper extended an elbow? I did that footing last fall and it's the only elbow pain I've ever experienced. Went away after a week or so.