Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-19-2014, 08:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X-25
Cruise (Zero Off) and Stereo gone whack

273 hours on our 2012 X-25 and I've run into something I've never seen before ...

When I started the boat today (after a nice 5 hours on the lake this weekend), I noticed that my ballast pumps were turning on/off very rapidly. I was still in our dock so I set all three manual switches to drain and the issue stopped.

When I got out to the lake, I turned the manual ballast switches off and then selected a rider profile and activated cruise ... and the pumps started filling the ballast per normal.

We were all set to surf (port side, regular) and when I launched the radio cut out (but only on the tower speakers, the boat speakers were fine) and the stbd stock ballast tank started to fill (it is usually set to 0% for a regular side rider). The "Service Required" alarm sounded and stayed on display on the VDIG. On the BIG, there were two Engine Fault Codes:

SPN:715 FMI:4 Voltage below normal or shorted low
SPN: 168 FMI:15 ElecPotential

The boat was still working, but the Fault Codes alternated between "active" and "inactive" on the BIG.

I decide to switch everything over to the goofy side wake - and this is where things got really weird. I selected the rider profile and activated and turn on the cruise, by when I launched the port side stock ballast tank started to fill (it's set to 0%) and the surf tabs reversed (read: the port tab went to 0% from 100% and the stbd tab went from 100% to 0%). Needless to say, the wake sucked. (The tower speakers also cut out as soon as I launched.) Our goofy side sesh was over before it began.

I drained all the tanks and turned off cruise to head back home. When I launched, the tower speakers again cut out and the stbd surf tabs kept fluctuating between 35% and 50%. Up and down, up and down the whole way home (regardless of speed).

So, before I ramble on here ... has anyone seen this issue before? Like I said, we are 273+ hours into this boat and everything has been fine so far.

This seems like a voltage issue, but the batteries are both testing at 100%.

Help!
Old 05-20-2014, 05:09 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X45
Ya seems to me like the battery but since you said they tested out fine not sure what's going on
Old 05-20-2014, 07:44 AM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
What is 100% on a battery? Some where near 13+ volts I believe. I would check all your grounds on both the battery, the engine block and the buss bar up front.

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Old 06-13-2014, 03:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X-25
Just closing this off. It was a blown regulator (alternator) and was covered 100% on warrranty.

#whew
Old 06-13-2014, 04:44 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 X2
I had a similar issue (2012 X2 with BIG) like this and there was a loose wire behind the dash. Do not remember what the wire was but that was it and I was experiencing similar but not exact issues.

Simple fix, take you a couple minutes to check and make sure all the wires are seated properly.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 X2
Oops just realized you fixed this, haha.