Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakesurfing

Old 08-15-2017, 08:38 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X14 w/ LY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoody51 View Post
Had one for my x14 but had to send back as cups were too big. I was very impressed with the build quality and it was rock solid. Had it worked better for my boat I would have more than happy to keep it.

As others have said the owner is ultra responsive and more than happy to help in anyway he can.
Thanks for posting this. I was planning to order one for my X14. Anyone know if a delta mission has smaller cups?
Old 08-15-2017, 09:10 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2016 NXT22
I use one my NXT22 and it has been awesome.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:31 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 X1
foam float came off on mine also

I emailed Nauticurl and they recomended GE Silicone II caulking to re-attach.

If anyone has used this or anything else please post your experiences.

I will say their customer service has been excellent. We also broke a plastic handle on the suction cups and they offer replacements on their website for no charge.

Both of my emails have been returned promptly.

Oh - the wave is pretty good also, with that and about 2500 pounds of water even my 200+ pound brother has been able to surf behind my boat which doesn't make a great wave.

Cheers, Steve.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:25 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, X-Star, 2000
I have been using the Nauticurl on my 2000 X Star all summer. It has been a game changer for us. Most of the family rides regular but one of my daughters and I are goofy. We were never able to make a decent starboard side wave before this summer. The port side is still better but both sides are great and even I can ride without a rope and I'm pushing 300 lbs.

The one ring I have discovered is no amount of ballast is too much. I run a pair of 1100 lb bags in the lockers plus the KGB and a bag under the front seats. I am going to add a bag on the back seat for when there aren't many people in the boat.

The float is a nice touch but mine came off already. I just have a rope on it connected to the eye on the back of the boat. Mine has never actually come off. I would buy it again even without a float. If you can't tell, I'm a big fan. Our port side wave is big and beautiful. The starboard side is big but it is a little dirty at the top. The curl on the port side is flawless

Baxter
Old 08-15-2017, 08:31 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2011 X25
I have one and it made my Prostar 190 easy to surf ropeless with around 1200lbs ballast. Went nauticurl because they float and the handle hardware was upgraded from plastic to metal.
20 off discount code is available as well.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:34 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft X-Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by panabax View Post
I have been using the Nauticurl on my 2000 X Star all summer. It has been a game changer for us. Most of the family rides regular but one of my daughters and I are goofy. We were never able to make a decent starboard side wave before this summer. The port side is still better but both sides are great and even I can ride without a rope and I'm pushing 300 lbs.

The one ring I have discovered is no amount of ballast is too much. I run a pair of 1100 lb bags in the lockers plus the KGB and a bag under the front seats. I am going to add a bag on the back seat for when there aren't many people in the boat.

The float is a nice touch but mine came off already. I just have a rope on it connected to the eye on the back of the boat. Mine has never actually come off. I would buy it again even without a float. If you can't tell, I'm a big fan. Our port side wave is big and beautiful. The starboard side is big but it is a little dirty at the top. The curl on the port side is flawless

Baxter
Shoot me an email at [email protected] and we'll get you an new float asap!

I have the same boat and to clean up the goofy wave a bit more I added a 450 in the walk thru to the bow. This helped push the bow down more cleaned up the goofy wave even more and made the regular wave that much better. My set up is, 750 in each rear locker, 1000 on the floor, 450 in the front walk way and a 1000lb half full in the bow, plus the KGB full. The wake is crisp and clean!
Old 08-16-2017, 11:21 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Anyone know it one of these will fit on an 07 X2 or a 2012 X2?
Old 08-16-2017, 12:45 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by panabax View Post

Baxter
List the boat slightly starboard when surfing for the goofy crowd and it will clean the top of the wave. Doesn't take much, if the boat is leaning to that side at all it fixes the crumble.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:03 PM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_Nintzel View Post
Shoot me an email at [email protected] and we'll get you an new float asap!

I have the same boat and to clean up the goofy wave a bit more I added a 450 in the walk thru to the bow. This helped push the bow down more cleaned up the goofy wave even more and made the regular wave that much better. My set up is, 750 in each rear locker, 1000 on the floor, 450 in the front walk way and a 1000lb half full in the bow, plus the KGB full. The wake is crisp and clean!
Thanks. I still have the float. I am going to try to glue it back with some GE Silicone II which was recommended as a better adhesive. If it comes off again, I will take you up on this.

Baxter
Old 08-16-2017, 05:05 PM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Corey View Post
List the boat slightly starboard when surfing for the goofy crowd and it will clean the top of the wave. Doesn't take much, if the boat is leaning to that side at all it fixes the crumble.
I will give that a shot. It seems like sometimes it makes a much nicer starboard wave than others. I suppose I need to pay closer attention to the ballast and the list. I really need time just to experiment, but time on the water is no time for testing it seems.

Baxter