Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 06-10-2008, 03:30 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin' 4 Toys View Post
That thing is BADA5S-....NICE...
Thanks W4T! I'm pretty stoked about it. By far the nicest machine I've ever had...and goes like stink too!
Can't wait to get some miles on next year. I only went out once since moving to CO in April. (There's guys still riding now, in June!)
Got at least 10-15 different riding areas that I know of within an hour or so of Gypsum, and only 2 or 3 of them are even known by the general snomobiling public!!
Anyone wants to come out next winter, I can totally point you in the right direction (and take you for a ride if I'm not workin').

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 06-11-2008, 10:44 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2016 X10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
I know what you mean about weird. I haven't had any issues with my Apex. Funny how our own sleds are perfect while all of the other guys' sleds are breaking down...

OTOH, every single one of the things I listed above happened to one or more or the 26 sleds we had out in West Yellowstone for a week this past winter. The SkiDoo dealer did quite a business in rentals from our group. Why...I confess both my son and I even rented Summits for a day (only one of the two of us had a mechanical problem that day.)
I am wondering if the fact that my sled is a "race sled" has anything to do with it? I know in the 440's there were some pretty big differences in some parts....but I don't know how much of the XP-RS overlaps with the regular XP. I have not been easy on this sled and it has not let me down yet. My biggest issue was the handwarmers crapping the bed. The dealer did the update, and now they are too hot to touch with bare hands. Maybe I am one of the lucky ones?

I was considering another sled with a longer track to get a little further off-trail and into hillclimbing. I looked at the Nytro XTX and the Polaris Assault. I like the ergos of the XTX, but it keeps coming back to the weight issue. The Assault was a sweet sled, but I was worried that the 2.125" track was a little too agressive for the hardpack we see around here. I would have been interested if I could have installed a 1.75" track, but both Polaris dealers I talked with told me there was no 1.75 track for that sled. I will probably continue to look and I would guess a 1.75 will be available in the near future.

2017 XT23

39 Mastercrafts and counting

Last edited by Datdude; 06-11-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:13 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datdude View Post
I am wondering if the fact that my sled is a "race sled" has anything to do with it? I know in the 440's there were some pretty big differences in some parts....but I don't know how much of the XP-RS overlaps with the regular XP. I have not been easy on this sled and it has not let me down yet. My biggest issue was the handwarmers crapping the bed. The dealer did the update, and now they are too hot to touch with bare hands. Maybe I am one of the lucky ones?

I was considering another sled with a longer track to get a little further off-trail and into hillclimbing. I looked at the Nytro XTX and the Polaris Assault. I like the ergos of the XTX, but it keeps coming back to the weight issue. The Assault was a sweet sled, but I was worried that the 2.125" track was a little too agressive for the hardpack we see around here. I would have been interested if I could have installed a 1.75" track, but both Polaris dealers I talked with told me there was no 1.75 track for that sled. I will probably continue to look and I would guess a 1.75 will be available in the near future.
When we were out in West, one of our group had your sled. Very nice machine. It went OOS because of a shredded reed, aftermarket Boysen and not a problem inherent to the sled. I looked at the XTX too. Intriguing concept, but I'm gonna hold off a year and see how it shakes out.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:13 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2006 yellow X10, MCX
So anyone else getting ready for that sweet smell of exhaust yet? Lance just got himself a new ride for this winter. Well not new, but new to us. Smelling that exhaust just put me in the mood!!
Old 08-10-2008, 11:41 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlf View Post
So anyone else getting ready for that sweet smell of exhaust yet? Lance just got himself a new ride for this winter. Well not new, but new to us. Smelling that exhaust just put me in the mood!!

Yeah......I'm ready for snow

2017 XT23

Old 08-13-2008, 03:21 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: What ever floats your.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlf View Post
In the mood for what...

Believe it or not, I started up the kitty cat about a week ago just to clear out some fuel. Shortly there after, my neighbor "tried" to start his sled. Never did get it to fire yet...I'll drop over there in a few days to get it going.

Yes, I'm ready to ride. Hope to get up there THIS year...

Now you have to tell us, what'd ya get?
Old 08-13-2008, 04:47 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X-45
Ready to ride, yep! Put the M-7 on another diet and venting the clutch this year. I cannot wait to start ripping. Nothing like snow! We still have a snow pack here in Oregon. Snow dance to follow...
Old 08-13-2008, 05:09 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon Dreams View Post
We still have a snow pack here in Oregon
Is it rideable snow? Is there easy access to it? I would do just about anything to ride right now.

2017 XT23

Old 08-13-2008, 06:04 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 MC X2, RTP-1 5.7L 310 HP 1.5:1, 14.25 x 14.5 XMP OJ Prop, bimini, depth finder, and table, teak platform, White/viper red
not yet..... still holding onto summer!
Old 08-13-2008, 06:55 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X-45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon Dreams View Post
Ready to ride, yep! Put the M-7 on another diet and venting the clutch this year. I cannot wait to start ripping. Nothing like snow! We still have a snow pack here in Oregon. Snow dance to follow...
Nothin' rideable. All High elevation snow, but it izza comin!