Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Towers

Old 04-11-2016, 03:59 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft 225 VRS LT1
Krypt vs. Indy Tower Bimini

Hi Guys,

I am in the market for a tower bimini and I am looking at both the "Krypt Flat Cargo Wakeboard Tower Boat Bimini Top" and the "Indy Wakeboard Tower Bimini." Essentially they look like identical to me and I'm not really sure if there actually is a difference. The only difference I can find is that the Indy states that it uses Sunbrella material in the installation instructions, but I cannot find the instructions for the Krypt it just says "uses 1200 Denier Heavy Duty Canvas."

Does anybody have any experience with either of these? I found this thread on the Krypt:
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=66597

Krypt:
http://www.bulletlines.com/wakeboard...mini-p/262.htm

Indy:
http://www.indywakeboardtowers.com/w...er-bimini-top/

***Also, does anybody know of any forum discounts for either? Price may end up being the deciding factor. Thanks!
Old 04-13-2016, 01:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Follow up...

Well, I just got off the phone with Ken at Bullet Lines and he informed me that they do indeed make the bimini for Indy, so they are the same thing... material may be slightly different. I sent a couple pictures and dimensions to Ken to verify fitment on my tower, but as soon as I hear back I will have one on order. Ken was very nice to talk to and answered all of my questions honestly.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:44 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Prostar 205
I have the krypt bimini and it has been well worth the $400 I spent 3 years ago. Good size, no issue with longevity (thus far) and no rattle on the tower.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:40 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft X30
I am also trying to research a bimini top. I have a 2002 X30 with a zero flex tower. I have looked at the new dimension and I'm not real comfortable with the split look. Also,when it's folded up the rear section hits at the tower speakers and also will cover up a light bar. I talked to towerbimini.com and they have one that installs under the tower but when it's folded up it will cover the tower speakers and it's over twice as much as the ones your looking at. I need one that can fold up so I can lay the tower down for storage. Let me know how yours goes and if you come across any others that you were researching, I would appreciate any guidance to other options.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:08 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by _fng_ View Post
I have the krypt bimini and it has been well worth the $400 I spent 3 years ago. Good size, no issue with longevity (thus far) and no rattle on the tower.
Thanks for reassuring me! It looks like a nice piece. I was planning to make my own, but I could barely buy all the materials for what this one costs. Do you have the storage racks too? I have a feeling I will end up with those eventually since surfboards don't fit in my boardracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithX30 View Post
I am also trying to research a bimini top. I have a 2002 X30 with a zero flex tower. I have looked at the new dimension and I'm not real comfortable with the split look. Also,when it's folded up the rear section hits at the tower speakers and also will cover up a light bar. I talked to towerbimini.com and they have one that installs under the tower but when it's folded up it will cover the tower speakers and it's over twice as much as the ones your looking at. I need one that can fold up so I can lay the tower down for storage. Let me know how yours goes and if you come across any others that you were researching, I would appreciate any guidance to other options.
I thought about the folding style too since it would be nice to have that option to fold it up, but I think the option to add the storage racks down the road will be very nice to get surfboards off the floor and seats of the boat. If you look at the thread I linked in the original post there is a picture of a tower folded with the flat bimini still 1/2 installed.

Krypt makes 2 other styles which are folding. you could check them out too...
Folding under tower:
http://www.bulletlines.com/wakeboard...-top-p/261.htm
Folding over tower:
http://www.bulletlines.com/folding-o...mini-p/264.htm

I just placed my order, so I will be sure to come back in a couple weeks and update this thread with pictures and my impressions of the bimini once I get it installed.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:33 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2016 X20,(2010 X2, MCX- Sold)
Definitely like the over for the additional head clearance. Looks very similar to the mc factory one on the zft3's
Old 04-14-2016, 12:36 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Prostar 205
I don't have the storage racks (don't surf) but I can fold my tower without taking off the entire bimini, I just take off the back two brackets and laying it down.
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2016, 12:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

I wanted to provide a follow up for anybody who might search this later down the road... Got the bimini installed and so far I am very happy with it. Definitely a solid piece, that fits very well and will provide a ton of shade. Hopefully I will get to test it out on the lake here soon!
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2016, 12:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1999 Mastercraft Maristar 230VRS
Thanks for the pictures, I will be ordering one soon and these help tremendously. Also, your boat looks great, looks like you have put lots of time into updating it.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:37 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstaslp View Post
Thanks for the pictures, I will be ordering one soon and these help tremendously. Also, your boat looks great, looks like you have put lots of time into updating it.
Thanks for the kind words! Just so you know, Krypt, Indy, and Reborn are all the same bimini. I ordered from Krypt but it came packaged in a Reborn box haha.

Tags
bimini, indy, krypt