Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Towers

Old 06-05-2015, 01:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 "Tarbaby", 2001 Prostar 190 Donor "Holestar"
Really Happy with the Bimini I got from Tower Bimini

I don't think I had it tightened up so there are wrinkles in the pics. It's pretty tight now.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:48 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 197, 2002
I was looking at buying that same Bimini. Does it look like you would have issues folding it back if you had speakers?
Old 06-24-2015, 10:19 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft X-2. 2003 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by _fng_ View Post
I don't remove it while towing but I only have a 1/2 mile tow to the water. I don't have tower speakers but the clearance on my boat is sufficient. Four screws to take off the Bimini which is easy but moving the five foot bimini is the tough thing. I also put it in on Dunlap...when the water isn't flowing at 7000 cfs. If you're in new braunfels and want to see it in person let me know.

Edit, did you just buy a 2003 x2? Do you know Eric? I'm his neighbor.
Good deal. I'll be glad when Dunlap is back down also, been going to Canyon the last couple weekends but Dunlap is so much closer.... Yes I did just buy an 03 X2 and yeah I know Eric. I just got the Bimini top mounted this evening. I went with Over the tower and will see how I like it. I also have the option to move it under. Here are a few pics, kinda dark outside so not the best...
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2015, 08:35 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDimicelli View Post
Good deal. I'll be glad when Dunlap is back down also, been going to Canyon the last couple weekends but Dunlap is so much closer.... Yes I did just buy an 03 X2 and yeah I know Eric. I just got the Bimini top mounted this evening. I went with Over the tower and will see how I like it. I also have the option to move it under. Here are a few pics, kinda dark outside so not the best...
Nice, I think the higher bimini may limit the amount of shade allowed and be awkward but allows for better head clearance; nice to have options though. We'll have to go out on Dunlap when the water is back to normal. Do you live in New Braunfels?
Old 06-25-2015, 08:39 AM
MC Devotee

Does anyone have the Krypt version that folds up under the Bimini? The other ones look the be a pain if you have to fold your tower down to put your boat in the garage?
Old 06-26-2015, 01:10 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft X-2. 2003 350
Quote:
Nice, I think the higher bimini may limit the amount of shade allowed and be awkward but allows for better head clearance; nice to have options though. We'll have to go out on Dunlap when the water is back to normal. Do you live in New Braunfels?
I'll agree I'm not too sure about the aesthetic but ultimately need shade for kids and wanted the head room... Yeah I live off 46 just past Clear Springs, not too far from Eric. Eric invited us for 4th boat parade on Dunlap so maybe if the water cooperates I'll see you there.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Mastercraft Maristar 200VRS
This season I purchased the folding over tower Bimini from Krypt. Took a while to get perfected and some extra fabrication of a second zipper (MC OCD kicked in). Here's a recent pic of it installed as best/tight as I can get it. Looks great and has the same feel as the newer zft tower biminis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2015, 02:05 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Mastercraft Maristar 200VRS
And for those wondering about storage; its foldable and comes with a boot to strap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2015, 09:18 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
I like it under, downside is not being foldable but it works with my tower collapsed and can still fit in the garage. Above the tower looks weird to me.
FNG, would you mind posting some more pics of how you disconnect it to fold it down and a front and side shot with it up?
Old 07-06-2015, 01:18 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbacuse77 View Post
FNG, would you mind posting some more pics of how you disconnect it to fold it down and a front and side shot with it up?
yeah I'll try to remember tonight to get it in the down (stored) position and on Thursday the two up pics.

Tags
bimini, krypt, surf, tower