Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-11-2009, 11:17 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X-Star
2006 X-Star amp setup

I am currently doing some stereo upgrades and Im trying to figure out what amps are pushing what. I briefly looked last night and was pulling RCA's to identify what was what. I have a 6 channel and a 2 channel. It looks like 4 channels (of th6) are bridged and pushing hte 6 interior speakers. The other 2 channels (of 6) are pushing the sub. That would mean the 2 channel amp was pushing all 4 tower speakers (that doesnt seem right but thats the way it looks). I already removed the tower speakers so dont have a quick way to test.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:25 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X-Star, Red and Black, L18
that is exactly how my 05 xstar was hooked up. way, way underpowered. kept going into thermal shutdown. i have since added two more amps for a total of four. i am fixing to swap the jl tower speakers for four (4) wetsounds pro 80's and at that time i will replace the current tower amp 4 X 75 alpine with two (2) wetsounds syn 2 amps. that should make the neighbors happy on a sunday morning when star star by the rolling stones is playing ;-)

"Tropic corridor, tropic treasure. What got us this far to this mild equator? We need someone, something new....something else to get us through" (James Douglas Morrison/The Doors)
Old 06-11-2009, 11:57 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X-Star
i was reallly suprised to see a 2 channel amp pushing 4 tower speakers...i am installing 2 wetsounds 485's with a syn 4 (800 watt, 2 x 400) amp. im also planning to pull better wire to the tower.

Thanks!
Old 06-11-2009, 12:03 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 X23, 6000GDI
Yep, it's not the number of channels that's the problem, it's the watt output that matters at a particular ohm rating. 600+watts into those four tower speakers should do the trick, and getting a dedicated monoblock for the sub will help a lot