Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 10-05-2018, 02:09 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 prostar 190
I don’t blame you one bit there. It seems like the boats I find are always so far away and never in the Midwest where I can go check them out. As far as shipping I have always looked at uShip. It is linked to several different drivers and companies all competing for your bid.

Side note I had a deal all lined up to get a 1993 205 from North Carolina about 2 months ago. The guy wanted $3500 but it needed a full buff job and interior. I talked with viper customs in Tennessee and had the shipper ready to pick the boat up in NC and driver it to viper in TN where they would do a full interior over the winter. The guy had it on boattrader for $3500 and i was the first to call, even offered to put a deposit on it to secure it. He was on work travel so couldn’t get me any more pictures until the weekend when he was back. I said I’d take it just needed some pictures which he was fine with, and he promised he wouldn’t sell it smtp anyone else without talking to me first. Anyways the weekend came and went, and no pictures. I texted him Sunday night and got no repsonse. Wake up Monday morning to “thanks for the interest boat is sold” text. Couldn’t believe it. Maybe it was a sign I shouldn’t buy sight unseen. Wonder if anyone on here got it.
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2018, 04:06 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1995 Prostar 205 5.7L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcbrdnbrg88 View Post
I don’t blame you one bit there. It seems like the boats I find are always so far away and never in the Midwest where I can go check them out. As far as shipping I have always looked at uShip. It is linked to several different drivers and companies all competing for your bid.

Side note I had a deal all lined up to get a 1993 205 from North Carolina about 2 months ago. The guy wanted $3500 but it needed a full buff job and interior. I talked with viper customs in Tennessee and had the shipper ready to pick the boat up in NC and driver it to viper in TN where they would do a full interior over the winter. The guy had it on boattrader for $3500 and i was the first to call, even offered to put a deposit on it to secure it. He was on work travel so couldn’t get me any more pictures until the weekend when he was back. I said I’d take it just needed some pictures which he was fine with, and he promised he wouldn’t sell it smtp anyone else without talking to me first. Anyways the weekend came and went, and no pictures. I texted him Sunday night and got no repsonse. Wake up Monday morning to “thanks for the interest boat is sold” text. Couldn’t believe it. Maybe it was a sign I shouldn’t buy sight unseen. Wonder if anyone on here got it.
$3500 for that boat sounds a little fishy. Unless it did not have an engine and/or those were 15 year old pictures. I wouldn't beat yourself up over it. Something definitely seems off there....
Old 10-05-2018, 04:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 prostar 190
It very well could be. The guy said the gnome had been rebuilt a few years ago and basically left it uncovered so the interior was shot. I talked to him on the phone for quite awhile too. I searched with google reverse image lookup and didn’t find any matches. Not sure what his game plan was unless if it was a scam, unless he just wanted my phone number to use somehow.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:46 PM
TT Regular

Boat: '14 X30 6.2L, '96 SkiRay Tournament
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/b...717360562.html

This might be a good one to check on.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:37 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxirat427 View Post
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/b...717360562.html

This might be a good one to check on.
Thanks Max!

That certainly looks clean but I am going to stick with trying to find an EFI engine at this point. I'm going to look at one this weekend and see what comes of that. Given the current state of our weather (snow today) however, its just going to sit in my garage until late May/early June anyway.....
Old 10-08-2018, 07:35 PM
TT Regular

Boat: '14 X30 6.2L, '96 SkiRay Tournament
Forgot you wanted EFI. I don’t blame you. I’m a mechanic and I wouldn’t want a carburated boat if I had a choice. My ski boat is fuel injected but the high pressure pump sits in a bowl fed by a low pressure system. It vapor locks like crazy when I use fuel with ethanol. Real pain in the ***.
Old 10-19-2018, 06:39 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1992 MC Prostar
Mastercraft Prostar 205 http://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/53947294

Don't think it's EFI with the 351.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:38 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1996 Prostar 205
Did you get the one in Bend?
Old 10-22-2018, 12:15 AM
TT Regular

Yes, sorry, I have been slammed for the last week but ended up buying the one below. Big thanks goes out to everyone who helped in this process. This is my first Mastercraft and I'm excited to start digging into it. I think I got a very fair deal on it and the trip to Bend was not too terrible.

It's in good shape for a 24 year old boat. Runs very smooth although there is one thing I am trying to figure out relating to water temp and WOT speed and RPM which I will post shortly in a more appropriate part of the forum. It may be a prop question as well....

Again, thanks for all the leads and support. It is much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-me View Post
https://bend.craigslist.org/boa/d/19...700393098.html

"It has the standard 350 fuel injected. Has had full tune up this year new batteries. New Bildge and changed out the wax rope prop seals to the new style dripless. High altitude prop. We have 2 boats so we just use this one for skiing. "
Old 10-22-2018, 09:57 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft Prostar 205
We have one for sale! PM me.