Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakesurfing

Old 04-28-2018, 06:41 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: XStar, 1999, 5.7 LTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorguy View Post
So, I just have to rave about how much I love my suck gate!! I built it last year, took it to Lake Powell and tried it. I wasn't impressed. It built a pretty wave, but not good enough to surf ropeless. Well turns out I wasn't loading my boat right. This year I got the best wave out of my boat I have ever gotten. Now I know it's not a monster compared to a big boat, but for coming out of a tiny little '97 PS205, it's nothing to laugh at. And on top of that, I'm not about to sink my boat like I used to when I would pile all the weight in one corner.

My set up is as follows: 750lb bag on each side of the motor shifted all the way to the rear. (My problem last year was that they were more forward like when I'm wake boarding.) Then 6 people to go surf: driver, surfer, 3 in the back, and one in the bow. Awesome wave. I even did my very first 360 on it last week. (Kid in picture's first try at surfing)
Any chance you could give me the dimensions for this?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2018, 10:31 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: x24
Hey there,

Any chance you can send me the CAD/3d print file for this model? I'd love to give it a go Please PM me if this is ok!

Cheers!
Old 07-19-2018, 05:28 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 X1
Anybody using the Cosmos handle have a pic of how they attached the HDPE to the handle? My Seastow bit the dust. I bought a Cosmos and looking for ideas.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2018, 05:44 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 07 X-Star MCX
I get a ton of private messages on the Bobv5 and I canít reply to all so posting it up here.

The manufacturer (Seastow, Surfstow, etc) changed the suction cup properties and quality went way down. Cups would only stay put for awhile, then stop working, brittle plastic, etc. Without a quality handle I stopped making them. Iíve made a few for friends and family on the aluminum handle, swapped the springs, and they are all still working great. So if you are DIY thatís the route Iíd suggest.

There are also a ton of other v5-like models on the market now. Stick with a similar paddle size IMO. Mission Delta is still the best you can buy if youíve got the cash.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:06 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 X-Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy1234567 View Post
Hey there,

Any chance you can send me the CAD/3d print file for this model? I'd love to give it a go Please PM me if this is ok!

Cheers!

Did you ever get this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2018, 04:10 PM
MC Fanatic

Since none of you jerks would send a picture (I kid because I love) I just went with the same style I had before. Used the stainless springs from the Seastow. They were slightly different, but I think they will work. Find out tomorrow.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:26 AM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewilcox11 View Post
Since none of you jerks would send a picture (I kid because I love) I just went with the same style I had before. Used the stainless springs from the Seastow. They were slightly different, but I think they will work. Find out tomorrow.

It worked great. The Seastow was good, but sometimes it would take a couple tries to get it on good. This this thing was easy to put on and never budged. Cosmos is definitely better.

Old 09-17-2018, 10:00 AM
TT Newbie

Hi,

We never got the Seastow out here in the Middle East, so always went with the aluminium handle.

Since that is much stiffer, one can make a simplification: you donít need to cut out a part that fits between the two cups and to which you would mount the deflector mounts.

(Sorry... no pic until next week)

You can go ahead and fix the deflector mounts directly on top of the front or rear cup. While the deflector then sits not on the center of the handle, Iíve experienced no issues whatsoever with that.

I went there because with my 2010 X2, I couldnít get the gate to stick far back on the hull and therefore now work with the deflector mounted on too of the rear cup.

Tarek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2018, 12:19 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2005 X10
X10 diy shaper

With some help from this thread I whipped up this crude shaper without even going to the hardware store, needs to be refined but had a blast with it this summer.... 2005 X10 750# in each rear locker, factory KGB full, 700# bow seat bag......the overcast photo that shows the clean and dirty side of the wake is with zero ballast and one person in the boat
Attached Images

Old 09-28-2018, 10:36 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bet_on_black View Post

The manufacturer (Seastow, Surfstow, etc) changed the suction cup properties and quality went way down. Cups would only stay put for awhile, then stop working, brittle plastic, etc. Without a quality handle I stopped making them. Iíve made a few for friends and family on the aluminum handle, swapped the springs, and they are all still working great. So if you are DIY thatís the route Iíd suggest.
I have one of the older ones if someone want's to make a deal PM me. I have built two BOBs and got a third handle from Amazon over a year ago.

Cheer, Steve.

Tags
bobv5, suckgate, wake design, wake enhancement, wake gate, wake plate, wake shape, wake surf