Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 05-11-2018, 10:13 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 50th X-Star, 6000
I've had a couple (one std, one ESV) and my mother had one also. I think I've weighed in before on this subject. They were all very sound in the drivetrain as you would expect and super comfortable. I had some shock issues also and over sectioned roads (bridges particularly) the STD length ones would oscillate and never felt settled. Towing was not pleasant with the standard size also. The ESV was very settled all the time. My mother now has a Yukon Denali (standard size 2015) and it is the same. I think its a wheelbase issue. No offense to any lovers of these vehicles out there but I wouldn't have one unless they are extended version.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:17 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endurance View Post
According to Consumer Reports, an Escalade is literally the least reliable car or SUV on the market. I know a lot of people say "literally" when they mean "figuratively," but here, I mean "literally." Based on Consumer Reports' testing, you can't buy a less reliable car than an Escalade. They give it a reliability score of 7 out of 100. To put that in perspective, a Toyota Sequoia scores 83 out of 100 and an Audi Q7 scores 78 out of 100. Even something that you'd normally think of as a real piece of crap like a Fiat 500 scores 14 out of 100.

Consumer Reports lists the Escalade's trouble spots as power equipment, transmission (major), and climate system.

On a more positive note, the white is a nice looking color on the Escalade.
I forgot, yes trouble with climate control. My father has driven caddy sedans for a long time and the climate controls always seem to be and issue.

And I think its one of the most stolen vehicles out there. I haven't independently verified that but I was told by Insurance and police after my ESV was stolen in Atlanta
Old 05-11-2018, 11:05 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X30, 2008 X15 (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead View Post
G, that is baller and would make a good tow rig and family hauler. We have the 6.2L in the truck and it is tremendous, including 19-20 MPG highway no load 65 mph, and 10.8 MPG average towing the boat 1100 miles from Denver to Sandpoint. I also like a slightly lowered SUV if she aint going off road.

What suspension in the 2010? Can you add air bags for towing?

Only heads up is Sav parking that beast. She may cause some damage to the other family fleet.

Do it.
LOL, it does have airbags in the back, it won't tow much, and if it does it won't be far, under 100 miles. Ya Sav thinks it is a bit big, parking will be an issue.

My dilemma on these trucks are this. I LOVE LOVE the exterior, like 5/10 like the interior. I don't love the controls, don't love the look, not sure I can/want to drive it for two years.

I too have seen they are the most unreliable vehicles out there. I've also thought it may be worthwhile to wait a year or two and pick up the newer body/interior for me and give her the SRX - I am a bit of a caddy whore. For some reason, she doesn't want the 96 STS, red on tan. Odd...

Also I found out it has like 28500 miles, not 35000, the guy did a bad conversion in his head. it has 45004km.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:02 PM
MC Maniac

Lots of problems in the forums on these. I will wait and give the daughter the srx.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2018, 02:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

on a positive note, I love those old STS's and even the SLS's.
Old 05-11-2018, 03:15 PM
MC Maniac

Sts is a beast. Love it. Milage is horrific. But who cares. Lol.

Old 05-11-2018, 03:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 X-Series MCX
You don't buy an escalade based on its fuel mileage....
Old 05-11-2018, 04:27 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: X-45
I have an ESV and the wife loves it. Yeah - gas mileage isn't great but that's because we both like the 6.2 and use it. That generation of Escalades all come with the 6.2 and 6L85 trans which I like because it's the heavy duty version of the 6 speed. The weak areas are the climate control system and air ride suspension as mentioned by others. I have had to replace one rear air shock and both front shocks, otherwise a solid SUV and I would buy another in heartbeat. Cadillac is all about customer service these days so my local dealer bends over backwards to make sure I am happy. Some of the best customer service I have ever seen.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:08 PM
MC Maniac

You don't buy any caddy for good mileage. I own 3 now. I do know that. Just curious.

I drove it.

It is damn near perfect. Inside is mint.

There were some odd creaking sounds from the center console. Easy fix. The 6.2 was underwhelming for me. You really had to hammer the gas to feel the power.

Low miles. Low price. In great shape. I told the guy give me a few days.

Here are some interior pics. Looks 98%. Leather in good shape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakedrum03 View Post
You don't buy an escalade based on its fuel mileage....

Old 05-12-2018, 12:03 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2003 SN196, PCM 330HP 5.7L, ZeroOff
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt23 View Post
You don't buy any caddy for good mileage. I own 3 now. I do know that. Just curious.

I drove it.

It is damn near perfect. Inside is mint.

There were some odd creaking sounds from the center console. Easy fix. The 6.2 was underwhelming for me. You really had to hammer the gas to feel the power.

Low miles. Low price. In great shape. I told the guy give me a few days.

Here are some interior pics. Looks 98%. Leather in good shape.

Very clean looking vehicle. I felt I had to hammer my Tahoe after I had been driving my diesel for a year. It is just a matter of perspective of what you are used to. After a week of driving my Tahoe straight it seemed to have lots of power.