Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 03-06-2018, 01:20 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Where is everyones weigh in reports?
Old 03-06-2018, 01:26 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '15 X10 6.0L, '15 X30 6.2L
-10 lbs in four weeks. Plateauing a bit but amping up the work outs to break through next level.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:27 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 MariStar 225VRS
Im down to 204ish from 222ish. been at it 2 months. My fighting target is about 190-95, I ignore BMI. I got in bmi range one time and I looked like a bobble head. Hey Moose, you will start to lose on a more normal pace from there on out if your like me. I drop about a pound a week or so after dropping my first 11 in no time!

98 Maristar 225VRS - "Frankenstar"
91 PS190 -Sold

RIP No1
Old 03-06-2018, 03:27 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomjunkie View Post
I can't find a proper scale to use. I stepped on our scale by our loading docks but it said 199 which didn't make sense. Granted I have jeans and boots on but it's still too high. I was 198 with gym clothes and sneakers on the scale at the gym on 2/11, lol. The boots don't weigh 10 lbs so somethings gotta be off!

I'll try to report back at the end of this weekend from the gym.

or its just denial!

Last edited by paintpollz; 03-06-2018 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X35 6.0 Ilmor
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintpollz View Post
I do the same thing but with Skoal. It works pretty well.

Nicotine lozenges would be less risk of mouth/throat cancer
Old 03-06-2018, 03:53 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Nicotine lozenges would be less risk of mouth/throat cancer
Hmmm, I never thought about that. Maybe I'll give it a shot!
Old 03-06-2018, 04:15 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: X-45
Quote:
I am down 1.5 lbs since returning from vacation.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:18 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead View Post
-10 lbs in four weeks. Plateauing a bit but amping up the work outs to break through next level.
10 is not bad for 4 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Im down to 204ish from 222ish. been at it 2 months. My fighting target is about 190-95, I ignore BMI. I got in bmi range one time and I looked like a bobble head. Hey Moose, you will start to lose on a more normal pace from there on out if your like me. I drop about a pound a week or so after dropping my first 11 in no time!
You’re close to same pace as moose. 9 vs 10 – nice job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintpollz View Post
I can't find a proper scale to use. I stepped on our scale by our loading docks but it said 199 which didn't make sense. Granted I have jeans and boots on but it's still too high. I was 198 with gym clothes and sneakers on the scale at the gym on 2/11, lol. The boots don't weigh 10 lbs so somethings gotta be off!
Boots are 4-5# and jeans are 2.5 to 3#... Shirt add 1# - so I would guess with an accurate scale, you could subtract between 7.5 and 9#.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:21 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Boots are 4-5# and jeans are 2.5 to 3#... Shirt add 1# - so I would guess with an accurate scale, you could subtract between 7.5 and 9#.
call somewhere between 10 and 13 lbs then.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:46 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1993 ProStar 190
Hi all,

Here is my 21 day update. In the last nine days I'm down another 1 or 2 pounds. The loss has slowed down, which is fine. Also, I've been a bit under the weather and had some work activities that stopped my daily exercise. So I've only run maybe once or twice in the last nine days. I should be starting back today.

I've been pretty strict with low carb...i'm not eating any visible refined carbs or sugars. Getting some via spinach, broccoli, pecans, macadamia nuts, etc. But no bread, rice, pasta, table sugar, etc. I haven't tallied my daily carb intake, but I think it is pretty low.

All side affects are gone. No more headaches or just feeling off. So aside from a recent cold, I'm feeling pretty good. It is hard to say for sure but I think I might be a bit more clear headed.

Still no cravings and very easy for me to skip a meal here and there. I just don't get those hunger feelings like I did before.

I haven't gotten too creative on meals, but am eating things like:

* Two egg omelette with cheese & sausage, topped with a good portion of sour creme.
* Big spinach salad with lots of parmesan cheese, pecans and lots of olive oil. Maybe some cut up avocado on top. Also, sometimes switch out olive oil for blue cheese dressing.
* Steak with side of salad or beans sauteed in butter & olive oil. I'll take the remaining liquid from the beans (butter/olive oil remnants with spices) and pour that over the steak....yum.
* Bacon cheeseburger with a bunch of avocado on top (no bun of course)...delicious.
* I'll make a fathead pizza one of these days!

Overall, still going good/feeling good and I don't see any reason to return to low-fat/high-carb. The more research I do, the more I'm convinced that approach was a rather arbitrary and non-scientifically selected diet approach by the government years ago that is the root of much of our health problems in this country.

I'll update again in another 10 days or so!

Keep up the good work everyone!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDaddy View Post
OK, so I figured I'll update this post as things progress. I think I've been doing pretty good, but maybe not eating quite enough % fat. Here are some note and some observations:
1. Been doing it about 12 days.
2. 7 pounds lost. Some portion of that is likely water.
3. First 4 days had most "side effects". Those included light headache and just not feeling quite right. I try to jog for 20 minutes most days and during that time, it was a bit harder than normal and I noticed some muscle soreness, which is unusual. Also pretty strong carb cravings during this time.
4. Things got better after the first four days. Still get the occasional hit of a headache, but not bad at all.
5. The two main things I'm noticing right now are a significant reduction in carb cravings....almost down to zero. I just don't have the desire to eat a slice of pizza, or grab a handful of chips. Hunger levels seem much reduced and I feel full quicker and can stop eating much more easier that I could before. I'm doing occasional intermittent fasting (skip a breakfast, or skip a lunch here and there.) I did this a little before Keto and my hunger pangs were significant leading up to the meal after the one I skipped. But now, it is almost a non-issue....a little bit of hunger pangs, but no biggie.

So in a nutshell, so far, so good. And seems like an approach that isn't difficult to work into a life long habit.

Also, for anyone interested in doing some research on this, several doctors on YouTube that I've found are providing good info (lots of videos). Check out:
- Dr. Jason Fung
- Dr. Eric Westman
- Dr. Stephen Phinney
- Dr. Jeff Volek

I'll check back in a couple weeks from now when I'm close to 30 days in.