Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 09-11-2018, 05:11 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 x1
2001 Prostar 209

Hello,

I'm selling a Mastercraft 2001 Prostar 209. The boats exterior is in good shape however a couple of the seats will need to be reupholstered. The boat has around 550 hr as it sits.

I'm including picture for your viewing.

I'm selling for a friend who has three small kids and is moving to a Pontoon for now. The boat is in the garage in Northern MO at his cabin. He bought the boat from another friend on the lake and neither have used the boat much over the last 5-7 years.

I live in Des Moines and we can bring the boat back to Des Moines or meet you at the cabin to view the boat.

The boat is not winterized so a water test will be very easy.

I'm thinking $16,500.00 for the end of summer deal.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts.
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2018, 03:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1988 Tristar 190
Boat for sale

Any estimates on new skins? How are mechanicals, maintainance, especially when boat wasn't used much in 5-7 years ? Are the pictures bad or does the exterior need cleaning and buffing?
Old 09-13-2018, 04:44 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 89 Tristar
Could you be a little more specific on location? Thanks
Old 09-15-2018, 01:24 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 x1
The boat currently sits in a garage at Lake Thundetheead in Unionville, MO, however I live I. Des Moines so I can Bring it back to Des Moines if needed.

The boat has been week maintained at Daveís Marina Iím Des Moines

The boat is a little dirty now. As I mentioned this is a friend boat who has 3 small kids and he would float the boat some weekend.

The boat was buffed a year ago so it needs a very good cleaning.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:59 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
So you did ask for thoughts, right?

It's going to need a complete interior to be right again. I'd estimate between $3K and $4K for the interior. Based on the way things are piled around it I'd expect to see chips and scratches on both the boat and the trailer as well.

By the condition of the vinyl and the scum waterline from sitting in the water I'd expect this boat has seen it's share of days sitting out uncovered or with a cover that's in the same shape as the interior. If you take the condition of the boat as it sits as a measure, expect the trailer to be in the same shape. Chances are there's no brake fluid in the actuator (hopefully it's not a Reliable coupling), as such there's a good chance the calipers are now frozen as well and very possibly the tires are original so plan on dealing with these items as well.

I see early MasterCrafts, Mailbus' and Nuatiques that are clean (BTW that boat is a lot more than a little dirty) with good interiors going for $18K to $22K this time of year up here. That boat has good hours but doing the quick math with just what I see it's probably $14K boat.

I think based on all the above you're strong on the price by about $2.5K but you could do a lot to present the boat in a much better light to possibly get $16K for it.

A) Pull the boat out and detail it or have it detailed. You won't be able to do anything about the interior but geez selling a boat like that with a scum line on it and junk piled all around isn't going to do anything for your cause.

B) Fix any small items that may not be functioning correctly or that are broken.

C) Advertise it correctly. Pull it somewhere with the lake behind it and take pictures of both sides, from the front and the rear as well as interior shots including the dash, bow seating and full cockpit.

D) Pull off that pylon extender or whatever it is on the ski pylon and get the boat to as close to stock condition as possible.

E) Create a fact sheet on the boat. This should include year of both the trailer and boat, exact engine in the boat with hours, exact model of the boat.

F) Create a list of all options, accessories and equipment that's included with the boat. This would include items like cover, anchor, ski ropes, skis, etc.

I think doing the above will help you maximize the dollars you'll be able to get for the boat without that much effort or cost. That or be prepared to drop your price or own it for quite a while.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1997 basstracker, 2000 Targa 210, 2007 mastercraft CSX..
2001 Prostar 209

^^^^what bturner2 said, to the T. Also some engine pics, and action shots makes her look not neglected.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:46 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X14 w/ LY6
What's the number 12 at the back of the boat by the prostar decal? It makes it look like a rental boat.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:26 AM
TT Regular

Boat: '88 Prostar 190
Woh. I'd have to REALLY want a 209 to buy this for that kind of money (& I am keeping my eye on them for an upgrade). What Buffalo said ^^^ and the presentation is a good indication of how it's probably been treated over it's 500 hours of use and then add in the whole "selling for a friend" scenario.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:15 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Judging from the scum line the number is most likely for the slip in the marina that it sits in.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:56 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X14 w/ LY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner2 View Post
Judging from the scum line the number is most likely for the slip in the marina that it sits in.
That makes sense.