Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 08-22-2018, 11:34 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X2 MCX
2007 X2 in NC

This boat has been great for our growing family, but job changes and life are getting in the way of using it enough.

2007 MasterCraft X2
MCX Engine (350HP)
~730 Hours
Single axle MC trailer
KGB tanks and bags in the rear - 1600 lbs total
RGB LED interior lights (under gunwales and dash)
Shower
Heater
Dual Batteries
Attitude Plate

Included accessories:
Box anchor
Two boat covers (custom $1600 full cover and factory MC cover)
2nd prop
Trailer Valet (steer trailer into position by hand)

Price: $36,500 OBO. Only trades considered would be for an 87-97 ProStar 190 + cash (looking for a boat for our VT lake house on a small pond).

Overall an 8/10 boat. I have taken care of it while I have owned it, including storing it inside in climate-controlled storage year-round. We've used it for about 80-90 hours over the last two years; previous owners had it at a lake so they used it much more often. It has performed flawlessly for us and we hate to see it go, but other priorities have taken over and it just doesn't get used as much as we'd like.

There are some small fixable things I havenít bothered with because I either donít use them, donít notice them. I will detail these below for full transparency.

Mechanical 10/10 - Never had an issue, hiccup, anything. Rock solid.

Exterior 8/10 - No fiberglass damage, gel is bright and in great shape overall, never beached, small scratches around bow eye, oxidation on the rear near the swim step (was stored in boathouse facing west by PO) could be easily buffed to look like new. A couple of chips in the decals but not visible beyond 10í away. Swim platform in perfect shape but could use a sanding/oiling.

Interior 8/10 - No vinyl damage, small nick in engine cover vinyl, a couple of carpet snaps have torn but carpet still in place. Was planning to replace it with decadence this year. Note: Just noticed one popped seam on the front bow seat, will get repaired before sale if buyer wishes. Has not been exposed to water so foam is still perfect.

Trailer 7/10 - Needs a new hitch safety cable on one side, step pads have dried out but are still mostly intact. All electronics, brakes, and lights work. Boat buddy installed does not function but could probably be fixed (bent pin). Needs a new spare but I will replace before sale. Also missing one pylon cover and the other is faded; can replace at buyer's request.

Misc - Tower lights built into speaker cans donít currently work (never boat at night so havenít investigated issue) but speakers are clear as day. Ballast gauges donít work correctly (extremely common in these boats) but ballast systems and overflows all work perfectly.

I do not have the trailer titled because it was not titled in SC by original buyer, but I will provide a bill of sale which should allow you to get a trailer title in your state if needed.

Please contact here via PM or email longjasonm (at) gmail.com to discuss, and thanks for looking!

Below are the pics I have right now; happy to grab whatever other pictures are requested. I also have a marine survey that was done on the boat before I purchased it (was a couple of states away) if interested.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:05 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1993 prostar 205 previous 85 S&S
Just curious, how surfable and skiable is this boat? Comparable to a 205v?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2018, 08:31 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X-2
I've owned both. Surf is much better, ski is slightly worse. Rough ride and interior room is much better. Wake board wake isn't as steep and has more transition. It's still gets pretty good with extra weight.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2018, 09:04 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
I've owned both. Surf is much better, ski is slightly worse. Rough ride and interior room is much better. Wake board wake isn't as steep and has more transition. It's still gets pretty good with extra weight.
Pretty fair assessment...I wanted a 205V before we sat in this, but once my wife saw the difference in interior room, it was a no brainer. If you add a surf plate/assist and weight in the front (we have a 400lb bag that we put on the floor of the bow) it gets a pretty great wake for a 20' boat.
Old 08-23-2018, 01:41 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1993 prostar 205 previous 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMLVMI View Post
Pretty fair assessment...I wanted a 205V before we sat in this, but once my wife saw the difference in interior room, it was a no brainer. If you add a surf plate/assist and weight in the front (we have a 400lb bag that we put on the floor of the bow) it gets a pretty great wake for a 20' boat.
OK, thanks! I have been thinking of moving to a v drive just for the extra room. Only have one little one that likes to ski and I wouldn't think the wake would be a deal breaker for that, and I doubt I'd be on a course with it. I have a buddy with a private lake and a prostar close by for myself. Seems my poor little 205 only gets used for riding around and pulling a tube lately and the extra room would be nice as well as being able to surf without much trouble. I do like to wake board from time to time and I'm sure it'd be great for that. I had been somewhat keeping an eye out for a 205v as I know it's a great do it all boat, but dang I like the looks of this one!

Old 08-24-2018, 11:43 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by paco_06 View Post
OK, thanks! I have been thinking of moving to a v drive just for the extra room. Only have one little one that likes to ski and I wouldn't think the wake would be a deal breaker for that, and I doubt I'd be on a course with it. I have a buddy with a private lake and a prostar close by for myself. Seems my poor little 205 only gets used for riding around and pulling a tube lately and the extra room would be nice as well as being able to surf without much trouble. I do like to wake board from time to time and I'm sure it'd be great for that. I had been somewhat keeping an eye out for a 205v as I know it's a great do it all boat, but dang I like the looks of this one!

It's the biggest 20' boat I've ever been in if that makes sense Happy to let you come take a look, just let me know!
Old 08-30-2018, 02:41 PM
MC Devotee

Bump! Took it out a couple nights ago and got in some skiing at 30mph...it's no Prostar but it got the job done!
Old 09-10-2018, 03:23 PM
MC Devotee

Another solid weekend out on the boat...making it hard to part with for sure Will probably winterize in early November sometime, but available for rides until that point!
Old 09-18-2018, 10:14 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190, 2000 Prostar 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMLVMI View Post
Only trades considered would be for an 87-97 ProStar 190
Wah? We could've had a REALLY easy transaction two years ago when I still had my '88. Hope you're doing well. Your old boat is doing great, btw.
Name:  PSonlift.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  116.9 KB
Old 09-24-2018, 11:13 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsmithson View Post
Wah? We could've had a REALLY easy transaction two years ago when I still had my '88. Hope you're doing well. Your old boat is doing great, btw.
Attachment 181016
So great to see it being loved! That boat would be perfect at our place in Vermont if it weren't so nice