Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 09-24-2018, 12:48 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 X-star
The hose needs to be r10 rated i believe. I posted not to long ago in this forum about the parts i used which should be the same you need. The original house
Hose did not respond well to heat.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:53 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2005 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyvisone View Post
would this fuel line pictured worked for this application? seems like its meant to be submerged.
The hose may "work" in terms of being submersible, but ti still doesn't solve the problem of the mismatched diameter of the barbs on the pump and the regulator.

With only an inch cut off the current hose you should still have enough but getting it on the barb is the trick.

As suggested by the previous poster there are some good solutions if you can wade your way through the thread.
Old 09-24-2018, 04:36 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2002 MC Pro Star 197
thanks guys.

i think im going to buy this delphi fe0154
https://www.amazon.com/Delphi-FE0154.../dp/B000CGHZ8C

napa crossed it to the carter p74117/p74122
it was $110 there. $53 on amazon...

there is one extra hole on the top between the terminals though...
this delphi FE0237 doesnt have that (i found this PN in this thread)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Delphi-...QAAOSwf6pbXjWr

attached pics are from my 2002 MC prostar 197. i am not sure if its a carter P74117 or P74122. the pics in the thread arent visible to me for the most part, so following is a bit tough
Attached Images

Last edited by tonyvisone; 09-24-2018 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:59 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelerd View Post
The hose may "work" in terms of being submersible, but ti still doesn't solve the problem of the mismatched diameter of the barbs on the pump and the regulator.
I really didn't have any issue with just using a 1/4" ID tube with the airtex pump. No issues after installing it for the rest of the summer. Read my earlier post on the parts I used.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:35 PM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharmon203 View Post
I really didn't have any issue with just using a 1/4" ID tube with the airtex pump. No issues after installing it for the rest of the summer. Read my earlier post on the parts I used.
perfect. thats what i was looking for. tough to find with 88 pages of posts!!

can you verify from my pics above that i need the same parts as you?
did you stuff a full 12 inches of hose in there?? or did you say buy a foot because its sold by the foot?
did you replace the other filter? the screen type one (not the larger paper filter)

thanks a ton!
Old 09-24-2018, 10:13 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyvisone View Post
perfect. thats what i was looking for. tough to find with 88 pages of posts!!

can you verify from my pics above that i need the same parts as you?
did you stuff a full 12 inches of hose in there?? or did you say buy a foot because its sold by the foot?
did you replace the other filter? the screen type one (not the larger paper filter)

thanks a ton!
Yeah it's sold by the foot. I got mine from rockauto. It was about $17. I also replaced the filter on the end as well. I did not have the sock filter on mine and you probably dont either. Just go to my profile and look for posts from me. I have a great detailed post from about 2 months ago on all the stuff I purchased on this thread.

Also in your own profile you can change how many posts you see on one page so it's not 88 pages.

You will need oeetiker clamps to do the job right as well. They will barely fit the fuel pump as the clamp you will use will be sized for the regulator.

All of this will be moot if you are successful at heating your fuel line. Mine just crackled when I heated it.

Look at post 852
Old 09-25-2018, 12:43 AM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharmon203 View Post
Yeah it's sold by the foot. I got mine from rockauto. It was about $17. I also replaced the filter on the end as well. I did not have the sock filter on mine and you probably dont either. Just go to my profile and look for posts from me. I have a great detailed post from about 2 months ago on all the stuff I purchased on this thread.

Also in your own profile you can change how many posts you see on one page so it's not 88 pages.

You will need oeetiker clamps to do the job right as well. They will barely fit the fuel pump as the clamp you will use will be sized for the regulator.

All of this will be moot if you are successful at heating your fuel line. Mine just crackled when I heated it.

Look at post 852
yes i found that. thanks a ton. i bought the pump, clamps, hose, and gasket tonight