Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-12-2018, 04:22 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X-2
An 800 lb bag on the floor made a big difference in the wakeboard wake.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2018, 03:44 PM
MC Devotee

Also, I'm not trying to bash the wakeboard wake. For a stock set up, it was good. I just disagreed with it being massive and not needing additional weight. If you like it stock, you will really like it with a little more weight.
Old 07-15-2018, 05:17 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: MasterCraft NXT 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashburn1 View Post

Hey Lash, thanks for the kind words! Also good to know we don't have the cool feel interior - I'll pass that info onto my father. The interior is really slick though, I love the colors and textures. I'm hoping the stitching in high traveled areas holds up.

Nailed it, Lash! Glad you enjoyed the approach I took on the video. I've had my channel for over a decade as an outlet for filming/editing. I'm definitely not consistent with my content, but I have a blast when I get the time!

On a Side Note, the Actual Boat and Color scheme looks great. Your Dad either got lucky with dealer stock or called me for input.

My experience has been that the MC interior (at least NON CoolFeel) hold up quite well to foot traffic. You can tell when you touch the Vinyl its not going to tare or Scratch easily. and this does NOT require an upgrade or an XT or X series. you just get that standard from MC.

Good luck with the Surfing adventures and Videos[/quote]

Thanks for the input on the vinyl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tookeymonster View Post
Try full rear ballast and empty front center. We ride a lot on our 2018 nxt22 with it that way. We ride 10.8-11 mph. I will give your set up try this weekend and get back to you.
My brother actually prefers having the front center empty. I'll try it again and bump up the speed. Thanks for the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABlue View Post
Actually our throttle is real sensitive compared to the Malibu. It took me a few hours to get used to it. I almost threw one of my crew out of the bow when we were docking couple times because I wasnít use to how responsive the throttle is in reverse. Iím sure every boat is different. Hard to get consistency when every boat is hand made.
Thanks for weighing in on your throttle for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Johnson View Post
For surf? I'll try that.

Me too. Three kids went down that day.
Wow!

Quote:
Yes for surf, seem to get more push and bigger wave at 10.8-11mph. I'm going to try your set up this weekend too at slower speeds for my 12 yo that is learning. He can get up just having a hard time staying up but I think he will get it this weekend.
Quote:
Also as for the throttle our dealer in Denver CO said they could adjust the stiffness. I didn't like it at first but now I do.
Thanks for the tip - will get in touch with our dealer as this season winds down. Still plenty of fun to be had on the water though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Johnson View Post
I've been toying between 90%-95% SB and 10% center for my 13 y/o and he really likes the push further back. Seem to be able to recover better. All ballast full. Definitely works at 10.2 mph.
Thanks, John. Happy to hear your son is enjoying the wave with those settings.

Quote:
Here is the wave with only rear ballast (gen2) and 5 people in the back area of the boat. When its empty (2 adults) boat I have an 800 lb sack I use

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Nice! I've been really happy with the wave. When we are light on passengers we sometimes throw a 750 under the side seat on the port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
An 800 lb bag on the floor made a big difference in the wakeboard wake.

Good to know. Did you have it positioned in the rear or walkway to bow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
Also, I'm not trying to bash the wakeboard wake. For a stock set up, it was good. I just disagreed with it being massive and not needing additional weight. If you like it stock, you will really like it with a little more weight.
No offense taken. You have me curious now and I'll give it a go soon. I have 2 spare 750's plus 2 250's!
Old 07-15-2018, 11:15 PM
MC Devotee

Bag was positioned kind of in the middle, not all the way back or forward.