Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2009, 12:35 PM
MC Addict
Boat: 1986 Tristar 220 351 pcm
To buy a new to me truck or not.. that is the question

Here is the deal. I have way too many cars. I have a 2002 GMC Envoy, a 2002 Cadi DTS, An 83 GMC Sierra 1500, and a 72 Monte Carlo. My wife has a 2006 Dodge mini-van.
The Envoy has been my tow vehicle since I bought the boat. It does fine, but is creeping up on 100kmiles. The truck will pull the boat fine, but there are not enough seats for my whole family, and it could use a freshenup of paint, belts, and gaskets. The Cadi gets about 26-28 mpg and I am always out taking pictures, getting signatures, and running general office errands. Note the GMC has some sentimental value because it was my grandfather's.

Here are what I consider to be my options.

A) Sell the Cadi, the Envoy, and the GMC. Buy a new to me 04-08 pickup with 4 doors.

B) Sell the Envoy, Keep the Cadi as a daily driver, and keep the GMC as a tow and trash vehicle (freshen the paint and engine)

C) Keep the Cadi, sell the truck and the Envoy, buy an older 2000- 2004 newer to me p/u with four doors.

4) turn the van into a tow vehicle and see how quickly I can blow the motor(kidding)