Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 08-20-2016, 08:43 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1980 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes
I haven't gotten to that step yet. I will do tat just before I lay the glass instead of being itchy on 3 separate occasions I am just going to do it once. Thanks for the heads up though mate.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2016, 09:20 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 93 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapco View Post
I haven't gotten to that step yet. I will do tat just before I lay the glass instead of being itchy on 3 separate occasions I am just going to do it once. Thanks for the heads up though mate.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
Good luck on the work.

Your should replace the secondary stringers as well.... they are rotten too....

Old 06-17-2018, 09:34 PM
TT Newbie

So Iím back on the grind trying to pick up where I left off over a year ago.

Sometimes life happens! Iíve been recently engaged and gotten a new place near Timís ford in middle Tennessee.

I have a lot of catching up to do, a lot of work trying to remember how things went before I took them apart. One of my new seat cushions blew out of the truck and became semi food when I transported the boat to its new home as well.

But Iím very much looking forward to getting back on the grind. I have the engine put back into its hole, and the drive shaft lined up. Just need to remember where to put all the water lines and linkages etc! Iíll be looking for advice here and there for good places to find technical diagrams, if they are even available that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2018, 04:34 PM
TT Newbie

Okay I have a few questions. I will post pictures when I get home this evening but there looks to be a water filter of some sort to the left of the transmission and there is no hose attached to it anymore. I don't recall it ever having anything attached to it so i'm at a bit of a loss, two lines run into it from the transmission I think, i'm guessing it is some kind of transmission fluid cooler?

If anyone could simply post a photo front back and side to side of a 351W from the era of this boat so I could have a bit more reference that would be extremely helpful. I have searched and searched but I can only find fully dressed gorgeous engine compartments, or ones that are in complete disarray. Its been difficult finding literature on what/where/why things are in there so I can get it all back in order.

Also, maybe a photo of the proper routing for the throttle/shift cable would do me a bunch of good.

Thanks a bunch. To address some other posts, I did replace all the stringers and not just the main ones.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:33 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1993 prostar 205 previous 85 S&S
Yes, that's the transmission cooler. Sorry, I don't have a picture of the transmission, all I have are engine pics. Raw water will come into the cooler, then out to the thermostat housing. There it splits and goes out the exhaust risers.

Throttle cable sweeps under engine back to the transmission then comes up on port side to throttle lever on port side of boat. Cable housing should mount to carb and the cable will pull the top of the lever towards the stern.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2018, 12:48 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
You can just look at the trans too. If there is a good amount of space between the prop shaft coupler and the thru hull seal it's a 1:1 if those are basically touching it's a powerslot
Old 06-19-2018, 10:56 PM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paco_06 View Post
Yes, that's the transmission cooler. Sorry, I don't have a picture of the transmission, all I have are engine pics. Raw water will come into the cooler, then out to the thermostat housing. There it splits and goes out the exhaust risers.

Throttle cable sweeps under engine back to the transmission then comes up on port side to throttle lever on port side of boat. Cable housing should mount to carb and the cable will pull the top of the lever towards the stern.

Thanks for the reply. I finally got all of that sorted correctly. But I must have vacuumed up a piece r lost it along the way. How do you secure the throttle cable? Or where do you secure it to in order to keep it from slacking when you try to go wide open throttle.

Old 06-20-2018, 10:23 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1993 prostar 205 previous 85 S&S
Here's a picture I found. Looks like the bracket is bolted to the intake. This is on an 85 s&s

Old 07-31-2018, 12:20 AM
TT Newbie

The old girl is back together. I wanted to take it out for my bachelor party so I slapped the old carpet back in for the mean time in the floor anyway since the wood floor would be not so nice on the feet. Runs like a champion again though.

I spent way more time making the engine run and getting everything lined up than the interior. That can wait until winter.

Iím going to try and get a new tray for the front passenger seat and get the seats redone over the winter.

Does anyone have any experience laying the aquadek* as a floor for the entire boat? Something similar to swim deck material?

Old 07-31-2018, 11:14 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 93 Ski Centurion Falcon
Boat look great. Here's a couple of thread (with lots of pics) on how to do flooring.

https://www.wakegarage.com/projects-archive/flooring-upgrade-projects/gator-step-seadek-style-flooring-on-a-budget-r61/

https://www.wakegarage.com/projects-archive/flooring-upgrade-projects/new-ultralon-floor-for-2003-vlx-r97/