Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Old 10-01-2018, 10:47 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, prostar 2001 205v
so how do you wash it?? you can't hand wash it either?? just curious... weird how using a touch car wash voids it and a power washer doesn't... of course the touchless car washers leave my car dirtier than before I go through them.... arrrrggggg...
Old 10-01-2018, 01:25 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2006 20' Vdrive
No experience with the coating, but black trucks aren't so bad. I refuse to take them through any sort of wash other than touchless car washes. Going through a wash with brushes will leave you with swirl marks all over in no time, which is worse than being dirty.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft X-14, '09 Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by curver900 View Post
so how do you wash it?? you can't hand wash it either?? just curious... weird how using a touch car wash voids it and a power washer doesn't... of course the touchless car washers leave my car dirtier than before I go through them.... arrrrggggg...
Get a monthly pass. After a few consecutive days of washes your vehicle will be clean. My truck goes through the wash daily. Does it strip off wax? I'm sure it does after a few washes. I roll through on my way home from work.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:06 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Was 2007 X1 - now looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by curver900 View Post
so how do you wash it?? you can't hand wash it either??
You can wash it by hand and not void the warranty. They just don't want any thing touching the coating (i.e. brushes, even soft ones). I am going to wash it every month or two by hand but will use the soft-brush drive-through in between hand washes.

On a related side note...a buddy of mine said "It's a truck and not a Porsche. If their coating can't hold up to a soft-brush car wash then how is it going to hold up to the conditions a truck goes through?".

He has a point. I don't abuse my vehicles but I do use my truck in hunting conditions (i.e. some mud - nothing serious) and use it almost everyday.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:48 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobx1 View Post
You can wash it by hand and not void the warranty. They just don't want any thing touching the coating (i.e. brushes, even soft ones). I am going to wash it every month or two by hand but will use the soft-brush drive-through in between hand washes.

On a related side note...a buddy of mine said "It's a truck and not a Porsche. If their coating can't hold up to a soft-brush car wash then how is it going to hold up to the conditions a truck goes through?".

He has a point. I don't abuse my vehicles but I do use my truck in hunting conditions (i.e. some mud - nothing serious) and use it almost everyday.

This is the exact reason I don't have the coating. It can withstand spray paint and dock rash but not the drive through car washes.. it's a gimmick IMO.

I don't take my truck through those drive thru washes because it causes so many swirl marks. They really do damage your paint and with your truck being black, you couldn't pay me enough to take it through a drive thru wash. It's going to show every singe little scratch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2018, 01:08 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: XT21
If you're going with a professional ceramic coating, ask them regarding the preparation they are going to do.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:27 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X2, Pontoon, Nitro 882
I get kick out of everyone saying black is so hard to take care of... I have a black boat, black truck, black car, oh a black ATV, Snowmobile and Trek Bike.....

NO HARDER than anything else. So you have to wash it more cuz it shows more dirt.. who cares. You should wash your car anyways rather than leave it sit with grime (you can't see cuz its a white car)

nothing looks as good as black. and as far as i am concerned this coating is a WASTE of money. Just wax your car/truck. Same thing as far as i am concerned. And yes, i even take my black truck thru a CAR WASH.. can you believe it? I mean, wow, that damage i am inflicted..... yah okay.. My truck still looks amazing and i don't baby it.. not meant to be babied.