Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 07-15-2018, 12:04 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2005 X10 - MCX 5.7L
Fuel pump pressure regulator

Anyone know how to remove this? Can it be done from the top without taking the whole module out?
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2018, 01:18 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft 2007 X2 MCX
There is a hose below that you need to disconnect. I'd take the whole thing out so you can easily work on it.
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2018, 01:26 PM
TT Regular

Fuel pump pressure regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr6coug View Post
There is a hose below that you need to disconnect. I'd take the whole thing out so you can easily work on it.
Darn. I was hoping not to have to remove the whole thing. I replaced the pumps and was putting it all back together when I noticed a leak spraying out of the regulator.

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2018, 02:16 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft 2007 X2 MCX
Yup, I just went through the same thing. What regulator did you buy as a replacement?
Old 07-15-2018, 02:52 PM
TT Regular

Fuel pressure regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr6coug View Post
Yup, I just went through the same thing. What regulator did you buy as a replacement?
I am looking at this one from MCPARTSDEPOT :
https://mcpartsdepot.com/products/fi...iant=671317365

Going to call my local Mastercraft dealer tomorrow to verify and see if they have in stock.

I saw a pdf from Mastercraft online that said it was held on by a snap ring and could be serviced from above.

Again, I appreciate your help!
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2018, 11:56 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MasterCraft 197 Pro Tournament Team
Send a message via Yahoo to Fullpass
Leaking Where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldelosreyes12 View Post
Darn. I was hoping not to have to remove the whole thing. I replaced the pumps and was putting it all back together when I noticed a leak spraying out of the regulator.

Thanks!
Is the leak coming from the regulator fuel line connection on top of the regulator. I can't tell from the the pic for sure, did they cut the positive lock of the fuel line that connects to the pressure regulator? That line is under pressure and needs a positive lock connection, or maybe the internal O ring is damaged on the line. Just makes me wonder where a regulator could be leaking...pressure line going in...pressure line going out. Conection under neath or on top...Hole in the regulator body. Would like to know where its leaking, to look at mine>>>G
Old 07-16-2018, 08:44 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullpass View Post
Is the leak coming from the regulator fuel line connection on top of the regulator. I can't tell from the the pic for sure, did they cut the positive lock of the fuel line that connects to the pressure regulator? That line is under pressure and needs a positive lock connection, or maybe the internal O ring is damaged on the line. Just makes me wonder where a regulator could be leaking...pressure line going in...pressure line going out. Conection under neath or on top...Hole in the regulator body. Would like to know where its leaking, to look at mine>>>G
It started leaking around the base of the metal nozzle that the fuel line connects to. Not a very strong weld connection there.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:41 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 86 Magnum Skier
Mastercraft doesn't sell parts to these assemblies. You can buy it from your local parts store. Its a regulator for a dodge truck. Part numbers in the drop box and the fuel pump threads. It just pushes into the module assembly and the rubber grommet holds it in place. Would generally recommend using crimp clamps when replacing as many have had leak issues with screw type hose clamps.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:08 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminscj View Post
Mastercraft doesn't sell parts to these assemblies. You can buy it from your local parts store. Its a regulator for a dodge truck. Part numbers in the drop box and the fuel pump threads. It just pushes into the module assembly and the rubber grommet holds it in place. Would generally recommend using crimp clamps when replacing as many have had leak issues with screw type hose clamps.
My local Mastercraft dealer had it ordered in from Mastercraft. $35 part. You are correct, just had to pull it out and push the new one back in. Everything is working great.

Thanks for your input.