Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 03-15-2017, 11:40 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2006 X15 350 MCX
You will want a bow sac on your X15.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:39 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 X15 MCX with every option
Thought I'd share with Team Talk so others with an X15 can see how the Bob v5 Suckgate looks on the X15 hull.

While I have not yet water tested the Bob v5, it definitely works on the lowest step of the hull/chine and can be very far back on the hull/chine. It will definitely be under the water line, too.

Can't wait to try it out!
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2017, 08:51 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 x-15 5.7
if you are going to put it that far back could you not put it on the top section too like so?

Can it fit behind the decal? The spot above is where we use the delta.

I tried a BoBv5 on the lowest part and the part above where you have it too. I found it worked that low but didn't need to be that low to work well. But I sink the back of the boat pretty well.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Mastercraft Maristar 200VRS
I have an X15 and the Delta panel and place it exactly where you have the BoB v5. With it that far under water you will still have to list the boat a tad to bring it up to the water level for it to work it's best. If it's too deep it won't have its push power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2017, 02:38 PM
MC Fanatic

I think it will fit one panel up.

I have a lot of experimenting/testing to do once I hit the water.

I'll report back once I do.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:31 AM
MC Fanatic

So coming back to this and surfgates...

I lost my BoB V5 (sank, my fault) and never really got the wave dialed in...looked good though!

So, I bought a Nauticurl and attached it to a life jacket like instructed. Nauticurl popped off. Again my fault I think. I don't think I pressed the cups down against the boat before flipping the levers. But I attached it to a plastic buckle on the life jacket and the buckle broke and it sank. Fffffffffffff. That one is in 10' of water, I might try and fish that one out. So I sank the BoB V5 and the Nauticurl within 3 weeks of each other. Needless to say my wife is not happy.

So, I tried a buddy's Mission Delta on Sunday. It does fit on the very bottom step of the hull.

Full factory ballast (650lbs) and a 750lb in each rear locker and many different places on the hull from the very back to quite far forward. It seems about 1/2 plate has consistently produced the best looking wave whether it was the BoB V5, Nauticurl or Delta.

But, the Delta didn't help add any push to the wave. The wave seemed smaller than the Nauticurl, too. I think the face area of the Delta is a bit smaller than Nauticurl.

Nauticurl is introducing a floating version of their product. I think I'm going to get another and try that route again...
Old 06-06-2017, 12:59 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft X-Star
Shoot us (NautiCurl) an email at [email protected] we'll help you out if you can't fish it out. We know how unhappy wives can make surfing less fun! We have our floating version launching later this Month. The float fits on all existing NautiCurls as well, we are offering that float for $9.99. It's a simple peel and stick. Both will be shipping late June, we are still currently shipping the original version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upnorth07 View Post
So coming back to this and surfgates...

I lost my BoB V5 (sank, my fault) and never really got the wave dialed in...looked good though!

So, I bought a Nauticurl and attached it to a life jacket like instructed. Nauticurl popped off. Again my fault I think. I don't think I pressed the cups down against the boat before flipping the levers. But I attached it to a plastic buckle on the life jacket and the buckle broke and it sank. Fffffffffffff. That one is in 10' of water, I might try and fish that one out. So I sank the BoB V5 and the Nauticurl within 3 weeks of each other. Needless to say my wife is not happy.

So, I tried a buddy's Mission Delta on Sunday. It does fit on the very bottom step of the hull.

Full factory ballast (650lbs) and a 750lb in each rear locker and many different places on the hull from the very back to quite far forward. It seems about 1/2 plate has consistently produced the best looking wave whether it was the BoB V5, Nauticurl or Delta.

But, the Delta didn't help add any push to the wave. The wave seemed smaller than the Nauticurl, too. I think the face area of the Delta is a bit smaller than Nauticurl.

Nauticurl is introducing a floating version of their product. I think I'm going to get another and try that route again...
Old 06-06-2017, 02:02 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 40th Anniversary X Star!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_Nintzel View Post
Shoot us (NautiCurl) an email at [email protected] we'll help you out if you can't fish it out. We know how unhappy wives can make surfing less fun! We have our floating version launching later this Month. The float fits on all existing NautiCurls as well, we are offering that float for $9.99. It's a simple peel and stick. Both will be shipping late June, we are still currently shipping the original version.
Send me one for demo on my 2008 x star? I'll send a unbiased review and product back if you want.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:26 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_Nintzel View Post

Thanks, Andy! I'll reach out The wave I did see with the Nauticurl looked epic!

Can't wait to get another one and SURF! I owe you pics, too