Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 11-11-2018, 10:52 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1992 ProStar 205, 1991 Ski Pro
Quote:
...commit to the gym every day of the week
That sounds noble, but is doomed to fail. I'm also a believer in regular exercise but a more realistic goal is to try to go to the gym 2-3x/week No one can go to the gym every day. On the other hand, if one has the attitude that "I'll go to the gym when I have time", well, that won't work either,. It has to be scheduled.

The best exercise is something you like to do, or at least something you don't mind doing. I re-join the "Y" every winter, and my goal is to show up 2-3x/week, depending on my schedule. You'll never catch me swimming or running on a treadmill, but I do spinning classes twice a week for cardio, then Boot Camp or weight lifting once a week.

Last edited by Miss Rita; 11-11-2018 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:14 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1992 PS 205-351w,285HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Rita View Post
That sounds noble, but is doomed to fail. I'm also a believer in regular exercise x but a more realistic goal is to try to go to the gym 2-3x/week No one can go to the gym every day. On the other hand, if one has the attitude that "I'll go to the gym when I have time", well that won't work either,. It has to be scheduled.

The best exercise is something you like to do, or at least something you don't mind doing. I re-join the "Y" every winter, and my goal is to show up 2-3x/week, depending on my schedule. You'll never catch me swimming or running on a treadmill, but I do spinning classes twice a week for cardio, then Boot Camp or weight lifting once a week.
I agree this is an excellent strategy - I do the same thing at my Y...BUT, I have never used anything EXCEPT the pool LOL. On the “Weight Loss” thread here on TT there are lots of folks, myself included that are feeling MUCH better b/c we’ve had sustainable weight loss through a change in our diets and some guys, myself included don’t “work out” or hit the gym on a consistent basis. Certainly exercise is beneficial, but I’ve felt better than I have in years (and I’m almost 58) dropping my weight 20 pounds. I’m just now planning some training to keep me busy during the winter and ready for spring skiiing.
You’re a young guy, you got this!
(Former) 1989 ProStar 190 Power Slot
Smith Mountain Lake, VA
Old 11-11-2018, 12:19 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Star8ing down 59 in 7 weeks... time to keep them core exercises going... ok i have to rake the leaves first... but I will be ready to ski come may or hopefully late april...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2018, 12:47 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2015 Mastercraft X20 Ilmor 6.0
When I'm tired I've used the old 'get up on 2 skis and drop' trick so I don't waste most of my energy on deep water pull up. But honestly I got tired of waiting for good conditions to slalom and started to wake surf. Most of the time there are too many boats/chops to slalom on my lake.

With your passion for water sports you'll find a way to enjoy it! Don't quit
Old 11-12-2018, 09:19 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1979 glastron carlson
what are you being pulled with. Boat and driver is huge. I'm 60 (skied my whole life) have always started with both feet in the ski and have found getting up off the ski pylon on our NXT 20 gets increasing harder. Just by chance I tried off the tower this summer and the difference was amazing, so much easier. Good luck, hope you figure it out. Your WAY to young to hang it up. Gary