Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 10-04-2018, 07:45 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome View Post
Interesting comments by all.. Im surprised at the suggestion to NOT put weight on your rear foot. Im 61 and been coaching people most of my life and always have them focus on their rear foot and channeling all their weight to their rear foot when the boat takes off. I have found this is the one method that works for almost everyone.... its simple, allows the ski to do the work and pops people out of the water quicker.. just saying.... I do agree with the comment that maybe your ski size should be considered.... some of the wider ones are very nice to ski on plus they are more forgiving..
What Jarome said. Sounds like you are trying to ski the ski on pullup. The ski should ski YOU on pullup. Let the ski get you out of the water, don't fight it.

Now I have a boat so I can't afford it anymore.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:19 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: MC, Prostar 209, 2003
I'm 46 and just started slalom skiing again this year after 20 years. Most friends that we take to the lake have no experience driving boat much less pulling a skier. So, I have a similar problem, great time at the lake but not enough skiing time for me. We just bought our '03 - 209 at the beginning of August and have been going to Canyon Lake every weekend for the last two months. Maybe we need to start a Canyon Lake ski club? Don't Quit.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:49 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Hurricaine
https://www.amazon.com/Becoming-Agel...8175/ref=nodl_

I met this guy through my business life and read his book, really good easy read and helpful in life, not just fitness. Strauss has killed it in business and decided to get serious about fitness maybe a decade ago. He is low 60ís and looks like he is 40 and performs like he is in his 20ís.

I am 44 gonna be 45 before the lake warms up again and love to slalom and barefoot, but I used to be light and very strong and got heavy and weak and that ratio made skiing a chore. I started in a boot camp in June that is very good at giving you a full body workout, but also cares about your overall fitness and sticking with it versus trying to kill you. Iím down 25 pounds and way stronger and more flexible. I am buying my first Mastercraft because my kids love being on the lake, skiing and I have found new life. I will be 20 pounds lighter by next June (45 pounds less then my 2016-2017 summer weight) and stronger yet, probably winding the clock back 15 years on my skiing performance.

If itís something you love and want to do you can recalibrate and refocus s bit and continue to enjoy it.

Good luck!
Old 10-05-2018, 12:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1985 Ski Nautique 2001
No way brother. Keep skiing, keep boating.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:11 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 Prostar
Like everyone has said, you're waaaay too young to think like this, or take up surfing! Some tweaks to your technique, and I'd bet you're popping up in no time. Also, buy yourself a new Prostar for some extra incentive
Old 10-05-2018, 01:31 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
43 is not too old to ski friend. Get in the gym and practice good diet. I am 52 and skied yesterday before I winterized. Went 38 times this season. It never gets easier but you have to get away from the mentality that 43 is "old". As the saying goes "get busy living, or get busy dying".
Old 10-05-2018, 07:48 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
You're done you old fart! Take up speed walking!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 10-05-2018, 08:14 PM

Boat: XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
You're done you old fart! Take up speed walking!
How many Martini's tonight, Mike???
Old 10-07-2018, 11:51 AM
MC Platinum

Just trying to use sarcasm to make him get off the couch and go tear it up! Too old my ars! I'm 53 with half of my body surgically rebuilt and I taught a jump/barefoot clinic yesterday. Come on...too old! I jump with this guy on a regular basis and he's not complaining.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...le3835207.html

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=18589

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 10-08-2018, 09:10 PM
MC Platinum

Did I mention that my ankles and feet hurt so bad today that I'm very slow on the go. I guess Karma got my smart ars!!!!! Keep skiing my bruthas!