Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 02-11-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Actually CR, I think you miss the genius in this thread.
We need a "Captain Planet is a Genius" thread. Then again, that one might get locked down and deleted!

Old 02-11-2015, 08:36 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1980 Glastron Carlson CVX-16 Deluxe w 1981 Evinrude 140
BFHammer does wonders on the chips without outward damage. Ours has magnetic strip which I "fix" by use of a strong magnet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
I meant, RFID in people.

If you're thinking of microwaving one, you might want to read about the penalties. Also, since the card has metal, it's likely that it will melt, rendering it "defaced" and therefore, needing replacement before someone will be able to use it (assuming the person accepting it does their job to the letter). I have read about wrapping it in aluminum foil, but I don't know how well that will shield it from the interrogator. I have also seen "RFID-proof" wallets but again, I don't know how well they work. If you can see the RFID transponder on a license, it may look a lot like the flat, stick-on type with a square shape and concentric rings. If at least one of the rings were to be, let's call it 'scraped, accidentally', it should disable it.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:24 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 ProTour 190 & 2006 X9
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
That said, this is the worst thread ever on a boat forum!!!
I'll agree with that, but not because of what captain planet has posted.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:28 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2003 PS197, MCX, Powerslot
http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/arch...war-worldwide/

Recent article by Dr. Ron Paul.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:40 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster02 View Post
BFHammer does wonders on the chips without outward damage. Ours has magnetic strip which I "fix" by use of a strong magnet.
Why would you do that to the magnetic strip? Police use it when they pull you over, grocery stores use it to scan it for alcohol purchase. When will you guys stop living in fear of the all mighty government? Do you wear tin foil hats to protect from the poison being released from jet liners too?

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 02-12-2015, 04:18 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
Why would you do that to the magnetic strip? Police use it when they pull you over, grocery stores use it to scan it for alcohol purchase. When will you guys stop living in fear of the all mighty government? Do you wear tin foil hats to protect from the poison being released from jet liners too?
I'll stop living in fear of the government when the 'patriot act', the NDAA, and the ACA are repealed.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:40 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1980 Glastron Carlson CVX-16 Deluxe w 1981 Evinrude 140
Because my private life is no one's business. I will be the one that diseminates what information about myself that I think is necessary.

Quote:
Old 02-12-2015, 04:57 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
What's really funny is you guys get so upset over the government supposedly tracking the normal citizen. I can promise you that the govt doesn't know who any of you are and don't care where you are. How do you want them to stop the terrorists that are training in our country? How about the murderers on the loose? I like my security just as much as the next guy, but I'm not doing anything wrong or breaking any laws.

Regardless of how you think microwaving your drivers license or beating it with a hammer will protect your security, if they want to find you they WILL. being overly paranoid will just draw unwanted attention....

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018!!!!!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...30#post1417530

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 02-12-2015, 05:55 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
What's really funny is you guys get so upset over the government supposedly tracking the normal citizen. I can promise you that the govt doesn't know who any of you are and don't care where you are. How do you want them to stop the terrorists that are training in our country? How about the murderers on the loose? I like my security just as much as the next guy, but I'm not doing anything wrong or breaking any laws.

Regardless of how you think microwaving your drivers license or beating it with a hammer will protect your security, if they want to find you they WILL. being overly paranoid will just draw unwanted attention....
Benjamin Franklin - "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Not only is it none of the govt's business where I'm going or what I'm doing, it is in violation of the 4th Amendment. It doesn't matter whether or not you are doing something wrong or not, it is against our Natural Rights for them to track us, period. Natural Rights...something we all need to realize and embrace.

In addition to the quote above by Ben Franklin, I would suggest reading the Constitution as well as any book by Andrew Napolitano. I don't mean to talk down to you, but the gravity of what the Constitution means....what it REALLY means doesn't mean much to you right now. Nor has what the government done to the Constitution mean much to you yet either. Unfortunately that is what the government is hoping for is that you don't see how grossly they have violated Constitution with recent laws.

When I was 20 I didn't think much about it either.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:05 PM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
Quote:

I don't think you know what you're talking about.

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!