Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 03-14-2018, 11:10 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210 View Post
They may leave but they always come back......

Hey explosives guy, where's the tracking number for my MP5?
It violates federal law to ship fully automatic weapons across state lines for personal use. You have to come to Maryland to pick it up? Should I have Carla make up the guest room?
Old 03-14-2018, 11:12 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
Brian, nice job dragging a bunch of long-time members out.
At your service...😉

Where is Eastie?
Old 03-14-2018, 11:26 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Good thread, Brian! I'll play.

Some of you may remember me. I owned a MasterCraft over ten years ago. Since then, I moved to a closed bow from another boat manufacturer, but remained active on this forum and others. My father in law owned a 1998 205 until he had a run in with a channel marker, which put a nice sized crack down the port side of the bow, resulting in the insurance company's totaling the boat.

Like Brian, I spend a good amount of time chasing kids around. We still ski, but the last two summers have not resulted in a lot of water time. But we have vowed to spend more time on the water this summer. After all, I, my beautiful wife, and my brilliant and handsome sons love it.

Over the last couple of years, my hobbies have been varied and my time on Team Talk has been reduced a bit. But I have not abandoned ship. As I'm fond of saying, time and time again, I return "like a drunken step-father, with no explanation for my absence."

One month ago marked the fifteen year anniversary of my stumbling on this site's ancestor site to ask a question about using the boat buddy on a 1993 ProStar 205 I was about to buy. Since then, it's been a great ride that has caused me to become friends with some great people along the way.

Cheers!

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:08 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: paddle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriEOD View Post
It violates federal law to ship fully automatic weapons across state lines for personal use. You have to come to Maryland to pick it up? Should I have Carla make up the guest room?
It's tempting but my fear is I'd wake up with a back hood over my head on a plane heading to Libya.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:43 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210 View Post
It's tempting but my fear is I'd wake up with a back hood over my head on a plane heading to Libya.
Could be a nice vacation?
Old 03-14-2018, 05:09 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Is this the class of 04 thread??

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 03-14-2018, 08:33 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2007 Maristar 200VRS X2
Good to hear from you guys, it's like the old days!
Old 03-14-2018, 11:47 PM

Boat: XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
Good thread, Brian! I'll play.

Some of you may remember me. I owned a MasterCraft over ten years ago. Since then, I moved to a closed bow from another boat manufacturer, but remained active on this forum and others. My father in law owned a 1998 205 until he had a run in with a channel marker, which put a nice sized crack down the port side of the bow, resulting in the insurance company's totaling the boat.

Like Brian, I spend a good amount of time chasing kids around. We still ski, but the last two summers have not resulted in a lot of water time. But we have vowed to spend more time on the water this summer. After all, I, my beautiful wife, and my brilliant and handsome sons love it.

Over the last couple of years, my hobbies have been varied and my time on Team Talk has been reduced a bit. But I have not abandoned ship. As I'm fond of saying, time and time again, I return "like a drunken step-father, with no explanation for my absence."

One month ago marked the fifteen year anniversary of my stumbling on this site's ancestor site to ask a question about using the boat buddy on a 1993 ProStar 205 I was about to buy. Since then, it's been a great ride that has caused me to become friends with some great people along the way.

Cheers!
What I'll say is that the long-time members of this group have been the substance of this site. And I don't include myself in this description. I stumbled here in '06, and most who have chimed in here far predate my days here.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:23 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '07 X45 LY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot View Post
True that! I meet a quite a few people at Minocqua Mayhem and could quit possibly be the best weekend on the water I've had in a weekend. I also met a lot of the crew at the North Carolina event. Don't remember what it was called (CCM or something), but some might say I had such a great time I met them twice!

Lots of great thread and lots of great posters back in the early days.

Dark Side anyone?
LOL! PBR's

You look like I need a beer!
2001 Prostar 195 Sold
2011 Ski Nautique 200 Current
2007 X45 LY6 Current
Old 03-15-2018, 08:26 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '07 X45 LY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
I think that's the guy who jumped off the bridge behind my boat without anything on his feet! Or was that someone else? I don't remember much from that weekend either ...
I don't remember a bridge jump, but he did barefoot around a bit behind my 195.

You look like I need a beer!
2001 Prostar 195 Sold
2011 Ski Nautique 200 Current
2007 X45 LY6 Current