Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-27-2017, 05:22 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: MasterCraft XStar
XStar Panel Washer Install

Hey Guys!

I purchased MI Corey's custom washers for the repair of the driver's panel on my 08 XStar. They look great, but how are you supposed to access the factory hardware? Do you have to remove the throttle and the aluminum plate that surrounds it? Not sure how else to get behind the panel to access the hardware. For those that have done it, how did you do it?
Thanks for the help!
Old 09-27-2017, 05:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 ProStar 190 LT-1 Slot
Corey's washer are made for the 205v and 190/197 side panels. A 2008 Xstar doesn't use the same attaching hardware
8051 Old US 23
Fenton, MI 48430
www.actionwater.com

BRINGING FAMILIES TOGETHER

1984 MasterCraft Stars&Stripes. Fully restored-SOLD
1994 MasterCraft PS190 LT-1 Slot
Old 09-27-2017, 05:46 PM
TT Newbie

Ah Ha! Welp, I will try to sort something out as my pan is busted at the screw heads too. Thanks for the reply!
Old 10-11-2017, 01:20 PM
TT Newbie

Little update on the XStar panel washer project. MI Corey's panel washers fit great! The center one does not sit flush on the panel, but I believe MI Corey has a beveled one that might work better for me? I will reach out to him. The install takes less than 5 minutes. The panel attachment hardware is just screwed into the fiberglass behind it. Simply remove the screw, remove the stock stainless washer behind it, install MI Corey's larger panel washer and reuse the stock hardware. Looks and works great! Thanks to Corey for the nice machine work.
Attached Images

Old 10-11-2017, 04:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 XStar
Looks great --

Yes -- Corey does have beveled washers that will fit flush for you. I ordered a set from him.

BTW -- your steering wheel looks awesome!
Old 10-11-2017, 05:25 PM
TT Newbie

I thought he had one. So good news for us XStar guys. 2 flats and 1 beveled washer is the ticket.
Eckie- Thanks for the "Like" on the wheel. One of my favorite upgrades to date!
Old 10-11-2017, 06:07 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002, X30, L-18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SLEDHEAD View Post
Little update on the XStar panel washer project. MI Corey's panel washers fit great! The center one does not sit flush on the panel, but I believe MI Corey has a beveled one that might work better for me? I will reach out to him. The install takes less than 5 minutes. The panel attachment hardware is just screwed into the fiberglass behind it. Simply remove the screw, remove the stock stainless washer behind it, install MI Corey's larger panel washer and reuse the stock hardware. Looks and works great! Thanks to Corey for the nice machine work.

So glad those are working for everyone and that MI Corey could reproduce my design to fix this nagging problem. Has anyone done these in a different material or had them anodized black or done them in SS? I think that would be really cool looking.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=47739
Old 10-12-2017, 12:48 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostar205 View Post
So glad those are working for everyone and that MI Corey could reproduce my design to fix this nagging problem. Has anyone done these in a different material or had them anodized black or done them in SS? I think that would be really cool looking.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=47739
I was debating on doing this but, as I'm sure you know, it would need to be a good sized batch to make it worth it with anodize and SS would roughly triple the cost, maybe more.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: PS197
Just have to chime in, THIS is what forums were made for! Installed a set several years back as well and they have held up great.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:22 PM
TT Newbie

I would LOVE if we had a designated spot on this forum for talented guys like Corey to showcase their work. I am lucky I happened to stumble upon prostar205s post a while back, read and read, and it finally led me to Corey. I am sure there are others on this site making parts/upgrades for our boats that I would be interested in buying.... that I just haven't found yet!