Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-27-2016, 05:10 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 X-Star TBI 310HP Predator
Thinking of getting interior done

My 2002 X-star needs new skins. The bow area is clean and flawless. The rest of the boat is pretty rough. Especially the long bench seat and the middle piece of the swim deck which has a ton of seams that are all tearing. Was going to have a local reputable shop do this. Was just thinking of color schemes and options. Was just looking for ideas and suggestions that others have done with their boats. I'm wondering if I can get the "mastercraft" logo embroidered back into the vinyl or not? I kind of like the textured vinyl look...are there any disadvantages to this?
Old 07-27-2016, 07:08 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '08 X14
Where in the Midwest are you? This place in the twin cities is reported to be good and have the ability to do the MC logos.

http://candeautoupholstery.com/services.html
Old 07-27-2016, 07:40 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by treptowr View Post
My 2002 X-star needs new skins. The bow area is clean and flawless. The rest of the boat is pretty rough. Especially the long bench seat and the middle piece of the swim deck which has a ton of seams that are all tearing. Was going to have a local reputable shop do this. Was just thinking of color schemes and options. Was just looking for ideas and suggestions that others have done with their boats. I'm wondering if I can get the "mastercraft" logo embroidered back into the vinyl or not? I kind of like the textured vinyl look...are there any disadvantages to this?
I'll be interested to see what you do. I was thinking of redoing my middle pad and was wondering about an MC logo on it. Sorry I'm not more help..
Old 07-28-2016, 08:54 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 X-Star TBI 310HP Predator
I'd like to do something with some different colors but when I look at my current vinyl, it's the seams that are all spliting/cracking. That makes me want to minimize the number of seams which means a more simple design.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:16 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2001 Prostar 205V
Embroidery on something you are going to be stepping on is not the best of ideas. When I redid my rear sun pad I had them put a basic walk through of some dimpled GatorStep. Came out looking great and now I do not have to worry about people always walking on the vinyl and should hopefully help save it a bit.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:21 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
Stitching = perforation
Old 07-28-2016, 05:52 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by treptowr View Post
I'd like to do something with some different colors but when I look at my current vinyl, it's the seams that are all spliting/cracking. That makes me want to minimize the number of seams which means a more simple design.
My middle sun pad is the only vinyl I have that needs to be replaced and it's not terrible. The vinyl is actually in good shape, but the back half of the pad has stitching in it about every 3 inches or so. This stitching is starting to come out. I thought about just having that back section replaced. I thought about doing that section with the hammered vinyl that would match the rest of the boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakerider16 View Post
Embroidery on something you are going to be stepping on is not the best of ideas. When I redid my rear sun pad I had them put a basic walk through of some dimpled GatorStep. Came out looking great and now I do not have to worry about people always walking on the vinyl and should hopefully help save it a bit.
I wouldn't mind to see your gatorstep rear pad. Any pics?
Old 07-28-2016, 09:47 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Achilles sg124
Keep it clean and find a shop that can replicate the stock skins. I see people spending big bucks on new skins with all the fancy stitch patterns like the new boats have. More stitches only equals more busted seems down the road. Be sure to takes some pics when your done. Good luck.