Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-20-2015, 08:29 AM
TT Regular

Boat: '85 S&S black/gray
1985 Stars & Stripes cover needed

I posted this in the upholstery section but I think maybe it's better here....

Well the inevitable finally happened. My original cover shredded today. Totally my fault, I was towing and a small tear turned into a bigger one and that was all it took. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I knew I would be needing a new cover in the next year anyway but now I need one sooner rather than later. I really, really liked the fit of the OE cover and obviously it lasted a helluva long time. I'm searching around hoping maybe I'd get lucky and find an original but I think that's probably a pipe dream.

All that being said, I would really like a cover just like the OE cover. I've seen posts about skiboatcovers, coversports, and a couple others. I've only seen pics of much newer model boats but the S&S pic on skiboatcovers.com does not look even remotely appealing to me. My OE cover fit like a glove and it looked like it fit like a glove. All these ones I see look - to me - like fancy tarps. Ok not that bad but they don't look nearly as nice as mine did and for $500-700 that's what I want.

I saw a for sale ad here on the forums of a cover from a 91-94 PS190 and the seller was nice enough to show a picture of the tag of the company that made the cover. I'm going to call them tomorrow since they're local to me but I'm interested in any input from anyone, especially if you happen to know of an OE cover for sale.

Thanks.

Jack
1985 Stars & Stripes

Tags
1985 cover, 85 cover, s&s cover, stars & stripes cover