Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 08-10-2018, 11:22 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1988 centurion falcon
What prop ?

I have a 88 ski centurion falcon , I've been rebuilding it with the help of a lot of you I have it running exceptionally well and I appreciate all the advice received so far .

Now I want to change the prop - previous owner replaced the prop with a cheaper stainless prop , under WOT I hit about 40mph. My step dad has the same boat and with his cnc prop he hits about 45 mph. However he is unsure what size or pitch his prop is.

Does anyone have any knowledge on what the recommended prop would be for slalom skiing ? Good pull out but also decent top end ?

Currently I'm achieving the speeds I need for slalom but I'd like to get more out of her just for fun.

Thanks in advance for your knowledge .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2018, 11:33 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 93 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88falcon View Post
I have a 88 ski centurion falcon , I've been rebuilding it with the help of a lot of you I have it running exceptionally well and I appreciate all the advice received so far .

Now I want to change the prop - previous owner replaced the prop with a cheaper stainless prop , under WOT I hit about 40mph. My step dad has the same boat and with his cnc prop he hits about 45 mph. However he is unsure what size or pitch his prop is.

Does anyone have any knowledge on what the recommended prop would be for slalom skiing ? Good pull out but also decent top end ?

Currently I'm achieving the speeds I need for slalom but I'd like to get more out of her just for fun.

Thanks in advance for your knowledge .

Pappy's prop. should have the specs stamped on the face of the hub.

I am assuming you have the standard Ford 351W engine; You will fare well with the Acme 13 x 12 and select the choice of prop. direction with regards to the rotation direction of your engine. Has to be one of two choices....left hand or right hand. ==> Here <== is a left hand (LH) prop that is commonly used. Wake Makers has the best price I have seen in a while. I want to think your Falcon will use the LH prop. but please make sure. The RH prop would be the Acme 540 model number. Acme uses the the prop. number designation as follows; even number is RH, odd number is LH.

OJ Props will have a similar prop. Your call as to the make.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:40 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlogged882 View Post
Pappy's prop. should have the specs stamped on the face of the hub.

I am assuming you have the standard Ford 351W engine; You will fare well with the Acme 13 x 12 and select the choice of prop. direction with regards to the rotation direction of your engine. Has to be one of two choices....left hand or right hand. ==> Here <== is a left hand (LH) prop that is commonly used. Wake Makers has the best price I have seen in a while. I want to think your Falcon will use the LH prop. but please make sure. The RH prop would be the Acme 540 model number. Acme uses the the prop. number designation as follows; even number is RH, odd number is LH.

OJ Props will have a similar prop. Your call as to the make.

Thanks for the quick response Waterlogged. Looks like that prop you recommended has excellent reviews!

Old 08-10-2018, 11:42 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 93 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88falcon View Post
Thanks for the quick response Waterlogged. Looks like that prop you recommended has excellent reviews!

I use it as do many others here. It will serve you well.

Old 08-10-2018, 04:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 93 Ski Centurion Falcon
I just put an ACME 541 (LH) on my 1993 Falcon the weekend before the 4th of July and I love it so far. I purchased mine from Delta Propeller, I think they're in Ohio. Here's a discount code that I forgot to use: DP5CCF08 My Prop shipped within an hour of placing my order and just for good measure, I spoke to Greg there on the phone. Great people to deal with.

Here's the link
http://www.deltaprop.com/boat-props/...sp?keyword=541
Old 08-22-2018, 10:23 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 93 Ski Centurion Falcon
So, did you get a new prop? Tested it out yet?
Old 08-22-2018, 11:18 AM
TT Regular

Yeah its ordered , actually should be at my house. I'm currently away working so haven't been able to test it yet