Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 06-30-2017, 11:14 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2017 XT23
2002 197 dead oil pressure and fuel guage

A friend purchased a 2002 197 late last fall. He had the boat inspected by the local Mastercraft dealer and everything checked out. We brought the boat home, had it winterized and stored and never put it in the water. Upon startup this spring the fuel guage and oil pressure guage are dead. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!!!
Attached Images

2017 XT23

40 Mastercrafts and counting
Old 06-30-2017, 11:36 AM
MC Fanatic

Last edited by MC197indy; 02-17-2018 at 01:31 AM.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:04 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2003 X-30, Indmar MCX
Clean boat! Looks like it might be running the Medallion gauges? If so there is a box upstream of the gauges called the MDC; there is a good chance it could be your culprit. Only reason I think this could be the problem is because it seems odd two gauges would malfunction at the same exact time. Same thing happened on mine - fuel gauge never worked and then the oil pressure gauge started acting wonky.

Search for MDC on the boards and you should be able to find more info on what the box does and what troubleshooting you can do.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:17 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2017 XT23
Quote:
Originally Posted by outoftheoffice View Post
Clean boat! Looks like it might be running the Medallion gauges? If so there is a box upstream of the gauges called the MDC; there is a good chance it could be your culprit. Only reason I think this could be the problem is because it seems odd two gauges would malfunction at the same exact time. Same thing happened on mine - fuel gauge never worked and then the oil pressure gauge started acting wonky.

Search for MDC on the boards and you should be able to find more info on what the box does and what troubleshooting you can do.
I have replaced many MDC boxes. I initially thought that was the case but all of the ones I replaced were total failures. It seemed like it was all or nothing on guages working. Thanks for the input!!

2017 XT23

40 Mastercrafts and counting