Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 12-18-2014, 11:27 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
PM me your other user name and I will check on it
Old 12-18-2014, 12:43 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1986 competition ski boat
86 competition ski graphics

I am new to this site. We are about to begin a restoration on a 1986 competition ski boat and seeking a mentor. have several questions and will appreciate some guidance. Thanks. Jud
Old 12-18-2014, 12:49 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
You came to the right place.. start in the restoration threads and also join the mastercraft project on FB... https://www.facebook.com/groups/themastercraftproject/ I can add you.. let me know
Old 12-18-2014, 04:57 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
PM me your other user name and I will check on it
My previous username was the same: ATX_Will

I received an "Action Required" email on March 25, 2014. I activated the registration and received a "Welcome to Team Talk" email that same day.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:39 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1986 MasterCraft ProStar
Quote:
I would need to redraw those.. be careful with old decals due to old adhesives... I am looking for dimensions...
mike
Long time Team Talk lurker. I also have an 86 that I will be interested in decals in the future. I got a quote from Jim a while back but never had a chance to follow up with him. I would be interested in what the pricing typically is on a full set. I am still at least a year or more out on the exterior so I can always circle back then. As for the facebook group, I sent a request to join.

My 86 MC has been in the family for about 17 years. It has been passed down through the family and finally landed with me. It has been used and abused but has been a great boat over the years. Anyway, over the next few years I will be doing some major projects (Interior, Exterior, Trailer upgrades, etc.)

http://imgur.com/37IrnwL,li79nf8#0
http://imgur.com/37IrnwL,li79nf8#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX_Will View Post
Also, what about skins? Who carries the '80s interior skins?
Check through the threads out there on the site. There is someone that does skins on here but I can't find that thread right now. My interior is so shot I need to take it and have someone custom build all of the seats, etc. I will probably take it to someone local here in town (Orlando, FL) and have them built at some point hopefully within the next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jud View Post
I am new to this site. We are about to begin a restoration on a 1986 competition ski boat and seeking a mentor. have several questions and will appreciate some guidance. Thanks. Jud
Jud, As mikeg205 stated, there is TONS of information on this site for restoration projects. I always consult this site before I get into any projects or jobs on the boat. I haven't quite gotten around to a full restore (interior and exterior) but I have done quite a few projects to keep it running as well as general maintenance and/or upgrades.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:37 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1986 Mastercraft 19' 351 Indmar
Quote:
I would need to redraw those.. be careful with old decals due to old adhesives... I am looking for dimensions...

mike
Mike-

Picking up on this old thread. I have an '86 with the blue rainbow pattern. I'm also looking for decals in advance of a winter renovation. Were you able to create or source? Thanks