Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 07-28-2010, 05:45 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 79 S&S. 87 Prostar Powerslot. Present 95 Maristar 200VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
$250K cap- just another example of a government telling people what they can and can't have. I guarantee that if a Senator or other high-ranking member of our government is flooded out, they'll be covered.
What Thrall said about the government flood insurance is correct.
Just to add salt to your wounds, the money that people pay insurance companies for “flood insurance” goes into a general fund. You can have a 1 million dollar house on a lake or beach and pay a high premium, but like you said there is a cap. When an area has been considered a disaster area after a hurricane (like Katrina), FEMA uses this money to pay out losses to people who never paid a dime of flood insurance. A lot people believe that flood insurance only benefits rich people because they can keep rebuilding their houses on the beach after a major storm, but most of the money gets spent on rebuilding houses that DIDN’T have insurance. Where did FEMA get the money to pay for all of those trailers, hotel rooms, and rooms on cruise ships? Insurance premiums and tax payer dollars.

My wife will be glad to give you any suggestions once your insurance company gives you some thing in writing, but you may be surprised that you are covered once your agent gets involved. There are good and bad adjustors and agents just like any profession. My wife goes out of her way to make sure her customers get what they pay for (which pisses her boss off some times).
Old 07-28-2010, 10:54 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttu View Post
hoosier bob, i will agree and disagree with your statement. yes the big "3" have been known for this but not all companies. in 08 we had a very large hail storm in the area that i write a majority of my property business that i have on the books. we paid 3.3 million in roof claims alone with a 6% denial ratio. two of the big three denied 32% percent of the claims that were called in. the other was around 16%.

i will look into this in the am and get back with jim after i talked with my home office claims vp to give him a better understanding if his is a covered loss or not.

Last edited by cbryan70; 07-29-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:44 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2004 Prostar 190
JimN....never realized you were in WI. Where around Milwaukee are you?

You guys sure got a crap load of rain.....saw lots of pictures in our local news. My relatives in your area faired OK given how much rain they got.

Not to thread jack, but my parents have a waterfront home below a large ridge and their sump constantly runs due to the natural flow of water into the area their house is built on. My dad has battery and generator backup on his sump basically because if his sump quits running during any wet time for more than an hour or two, he'll have a new swimming pool.

I'm going to pass this experience and the contributions of the others to the subject on to him as I think he needs to ask some questions of his insurer.

Hope you can reach some reasonable result with your insurer.

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843
Old 07-29-2010, 10:04 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
JimN....never realized you were in WI. Where around Milwaukee are you?

You guys sure got a crap load of rain.....saw lots of pictures in our local news. My relatives in your area faired OK given how much rain they got.

Not to thread jack, but my parents have a waterfront home below a large ridge and their sump constantly runs due to the natural flow of water into the area their house is built on. My dad has battery and generator backup on his sump basically because if his sump quits running during any wet time for more than an hour or two, he'll have a new swimming pool.

I'm going to pass this experience and the contributions of the others to the subject on to him as I think he needs to ask some questions of his insurer.

Hope you can reach some reasonable result with your insurer.
I'm in a 'burb just to the North.

If he's on a lake, he's in a flood plane, which is different from my place, which isn't.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:46 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbryan70 View Post
what in the heck does that mean?? btw are you not suppose to be studying!!
Old 07-29-2010, 11:59 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
That means he opened up and said what he was thinking. He went back and read it, only to determine that it made absolutely no sense. Being unable to delete the post, he replaced it with "...........................".
Old 07-29-2010, 12:06 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
That means he opened up and said what he was thinking. He went back and read it, only to determine that it made absolutely no sense. Being unable to delete the post, he replaced it with "...........................".
i know what he meant! it was a inside joke.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:31 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Quote:
Yes learning all about lending currently. Leave tomorrow after noon for more training
Old 07-29-2010, 01:15 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
i know what he meant! it was a inside joke.
I knew you knew what he meant. I just like to throw jabs at Bryan when I can.