Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 09-07-2018, 07:54 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001, 205v
In more Berlin Lake news.....

http://www.record-courier.com/news/2...on-berlin-lake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2018, 07:57 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-Series MCX
In the meeting last night, the Corp was getting ripped apart. Could hardly get a word in at some points.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:25 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2008 X14, w/ LY6 400HP w/ 1.22 Ratio Tran
Good to hear. Sorry I missed it.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 09-07-2018, 09:53 AM
TT Enthusiast

Hopefully persistence will pay off. Iím extremely lucky that we are still able to have our docks in where the water is at now. I do however feel bad for others who have had their docks sitting on land for over a month and all the local businesses around. Glad to hear the Corp was getting ripped apart. A lot of false hopes where spread this summer

Old 09-07-2018, 10:00 AM
MC Fanatic

Here are my notes from the meeting:

Notes and summaries from the USACE Meeting

- Lexi McCauley (the people who barefoot at 6am on the weekends) won overall Girls Champion and Open Women's Champion at the World's Barefooting competition in Canada. She also set a record of 7,400 trick points in a single set. This beat the previous record of 3,200 points, also set by Lexi last year Her dad also won the Men's open at Nationals this year.

- Deerfield trustees approved a resolution to being the investigation of bringing legal action against the Corp at their meeting on Aug. 29

- Margie Conner (semi-retired lawyer) is heading the citizens committee for the BLA and has asked for help with research and letter writing. She can be reached at [email protected]

- From Margie: the 1938, 1944, 1972 laws that created the basis for the reservoir management. The law requires and the USACE is obligated to address all authorized purposes. Recreation is an authorized purpose along with flood control and water quality. "Downstream" is not specifically mentioned in any document, but is says pollutants shall be treated at the source. The plan is to use their own regulations against them

- ODNR has sent letters to the Corp dating back to the 1990s requesting a change in the water management to maintain the walleye fishery. No response from the Corp to date.

- Water Control Plan was last updated in full in 1977 and had an administration clarification in 1978. Per statute, the WCP is to be updated every 10 years.

- The Master Plan is in the process of updating. The MP is the document that manages the land use around the lake. Docks, public areas, protected areas, etc. There will be a community meeting 9/20, 3:30pm-6:30pm at the Deerfield Town Hall for public discussion.

- The campground is up and running with an average of 60% full on average with upwards of 70% over Labor Day weekend.

- October 13th will be the 75th Anniversary party at the Day Use Area.

- A full environmental study must be complete. This will be geared more toward accessing water quality. The Corp acknowledged that the flood issue in July and August is not a concern. The study is expected to cost $250k-$1M and the Corp wants to split the costs.

- On or around Nov. 15, there will be the next meeting in the line to discuss the lake and the water levels. The Corp will be bringing 12-15 people that will have the authority and expertise to discuss the water control plan and in the intricacies associated with changing the plan. The 3 star general in charge of the USACE has told the Pitt office that they have to "innovate" to solve this problem. They are looking at other options to mitigate the risks and avoid the full study, if possible. Any suggestions would be helpful.

- We have made great progress with the Corp and we need to "keep the heat on" to make sure we do not lose traction.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:41 AM
TT Enthusiast

Maybe some of the money used to build the new useless ramp should have been used to do the new study. Iím sure Iím not the first person who has said this

Old 09-07-2018, 11:33 AM
MC Fanatic

That was brought up a few times. According to the Corp, the State of Ohio leased the land from the Corp and built the ramp with the knowledge and understanding that it would only be usable for the spring-to-early-summer period.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:22 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2003 PS197, MCX, Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakedrum03 View Post
That was brought up a few times. According to the Corp, the State of Ohio leased the land from the Corp and built the ramp with the knowledge and understanding that it would only be usable for the spring-to-early-summer period.
Wow, what a wonderful use of tax dollars. That ramp only cost $26,000 per month if it gets used 5 months a year for the next 10 years. I wonder if they will start to charge a launch fee?
Old 09-07-2018, 12:40 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
I wonder if they will start to charge a launch fee?
Doubtful. Unless the state really gets hard up for cash.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:21 AM
TT Enthusiast

Projected 10í level increase by the 12th with all the rain coming.