Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 04-21-2014, 12:21 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 02 X-Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.anderson63 View Post
There is a product made by Zep called Zepride. It is a Superman strong degreaser. Be careful with it. It is HIGH ph. I use it on tractors and mowers to remove grass stains and degrease enginesand transaxles.
IT WILL NOT BE KIND TO MOST PLASTIC PAINTED SURFACES. I did use it in a few places on the boat wih out any problems.
Thank you very much, I'll have to order some

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2014, 12:33 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
No pictures, but I feel like I accomplished quite a bit. New plugs, wires, cap, rotor, upgraded to Pertronix electronic ignition, re-set timing, new starter to starter relay cable. Idles well on the hose, I'll have to wait a week or two to get it in the lake.
Bent up a few pieces of metal to mount LED strips to, going to start back on that project in the next couple of weeks, trying to get ready for our week long trip in early June. I'll try to post pics of the LED project, although I think my mods might offend most of the purists and MCOCD folks.
G
Old 04-21-2014, 09:17 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2009 MasterCraft PS 197 TT
Pressure washed carpet, scrubbed with laudry detergent and pressure washed again. Shop vac'd it and sprayed it with 1/2 fabric softner 1/2 water and parked in sun. Looked and felt perfect until I slung wax and and buffing pad wool all over it Does anyone tape off when waxing...I got buildup in a lot of the cracks.

At least the buffing went well. Got too tired to do fenders and second round with foam pad and polish...Next weekend...and then there's the platform

Put the bimini on for the first time and still managed to get burnt.
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2014, 10:39 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
That's a gorgeous boat, PICKWICK! I assume you do your boating in N. AL on Lake Pickwick? Where are the registration numbers?
Old 04-21-2014, 10:43 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickwick View Post
Pressure washed carpet, scrubbed with laudry detergent and pressure washed again. Shop vac'd it and sprayed it with 1/2 fabric softner 1/2 water and parked in sun. Looked and felt perfect until I slung wax and and buffing pad wool all over it Does anyone tape off when waxing...I got buildup in a lot of the cracks.

At least the buffing went well. Got too tired to do fenders and second round with foam pad and polish...Next weekend...and then there's the platform

Put the bimini on for the first time and still managed to get burnt.
Dude! That boat is gorgeous - when are you moving to Texas and joining our club?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 04-21-2014, 12:08 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2009 MasterCraft PS 197 TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC2MC View Post
That's a gorgeous boat, PICKWICK! I assume you do your boating in N. AL on Lake Pickwick? Where are the registration numbers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
Dude! That boat is gorgeous - when are you moving to Texas and joining our club?
I'm on the Tennessee side in Pickwick but you can be in all three states (AL, MS, TN) at any given moment there. Guy I bought it from private laked and didn't have to have stickers (he says).

Forgot to mention I used the Bar Keeper's Friend on the rubrail from EastTexSkiers recommendation. Worked Great!

Thanks guys.

Last edited by Pickwick; 04-21-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old Today, 11:57 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Reinstalled all 4 of the ballast pumps before lunch. Then a tuna sammich and after lunch will install the impeller and get her fired off!!

IT'S TIME!!