Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-17-2017, 08:30 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
vudu app on android

Currently running a droid turbo2 on Verizon. The vudu app will not play movies at all since installing the nougat update. Looking at changing over to Sprint. Wondering if anyone is using the app on a Galaxy S8+ or V30+. Alternately, if anyone with the v30 is not using the app, but willing to install and give it a try it would be much appreciated.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:55 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2015 X23 w/ 6.2
I have a Gallaxy S8 and use Sprint as my service provider. I am able to watch videos via Vudu on my S8. Have you tried connecting to wi-fi and seeing if Vudu works that way? Trying to determine if it is a service provider issue or a device/app issue.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:44 AM
MC Devotee

Have tried. Seems there are several devices that don't work for this if you surf forums. Are you able to cast as well? We use the app when traveling on the device, and with a chromecast in the boathouse regularly. Thanks for the response.
This might make the choice a lot easier to make.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:39 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2015 X23 w/ 6.2
madcityskier - I sent you a PM
Old 10-17-2017, 06:19 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2006 20' Vdrive
I also have S8 (plus version). I don't know about with a chromecast, but with my Roku box at home I can mirror my phone to the roku through wifi.

If the app exists (and I don't use vudu so i don't know), then I'm sure it would let you cast to it. I can cast to things like youtube, netflix, etc. The only thing I've found that doesn't cast to my roku is Kodi... which is why I just mirror it and it's pretty much the same thing.

The s8 kicks ***.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:17 PM
MC Devotee

Thanks Zim. We can cast most everything, but the Vudu app doesn't play on my device since the update. Co-worker has the S8+ and tried it with the app for me. Worked fine. I need to swing by a store and out hands on each phone, but seems like I should be able to stick with a Droid, which will make me happy.