Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 01-16-2014, 05:20 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft XStar SS, 6.0L 400HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by imyourmaster View Post
I saw a 2014 X2 at my local dealer over the weekend and thought the interior looked really sharp! It had the carbon fiber look vinyl in a combination of white, platinum and blue. I'm in the process of working with my dealer to have the skins made at the MC factory and then have them stitched on locally.
Did you get any photos? SFLA MC is about an hour and a half drive for me...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2014, 11:38 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by blflak View Post
Did you get any photos? SFLA MC is about an hour and a half drive for me...

I have a few....not great pictures but good enough to give you an idea. Also, the pics do not do it justice. Seeing it in person gives it a whole new dimension.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:28 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
I have a few....not great pictures but good enough to give you an idea. Also, the pics do not do it justice. Seeing it in person gives it a whole new dimension.

Ehhh not a fan of the white. I was speaking with my wife today about the color scheme we want to go with... I like the a football color inside and all black outside, she on the other hand likes more of a navy design.

Also, I saw you had a new fiberglass platform, where did you get it... I cant find any anywhere besides mastercraft of s fla

Old 01-17-2014, 10:32 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Traxxx had this texture installed in his Maristar - looks very nice...
Old 01-17-2014, 11:09 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
Traxxx had this texture installed in his Maristar - looks very nice...
Let me see if I can message him to see some photos.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:23 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Ehhh not a fan of the white. I was speaking with my wife today about the color scheme we want to go with... I like the a football color inside and all black outside, she on the other hand likes more of a navy design.

Also, I saw you had a new fiberglass platform, where did you get it... I cant find any anywhere besides mastercraft of s fla

Blflak, I have a wrap on my boat in shades of blue and white...that explains my choice of interior colors...my daughter would like pink and purple but a guy has to draw a line somewhere MC got back to me with pricing on the new skins...$7,500.00...whoa!!! I'm going elsewhere.

My swim platform came stock with the boat. I ripped the old black rubber pad off 2 months ago and added a SeaDek pad. I think it was a worthwhile investment. If you need to replace yours you could also try eBay or the for sale threads here at TeamTalk.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:32 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Blflak, I have a wrap on my boat in shades of blue and white...that explains my choice of interior colors...my daughter would like pink and purple but a guy has to draw a line somewhere MC got back to me with pricing on the new skins...$7,500.00...whoa!!! I'm going elsewhere.

My swim platform came stock with the boat. I ripped the old black rubber pad off 2 months ago and added a SeaDek pad. I think it was a worthwhile investment. If you need to replace yours you could also try eBay or the for sale threads here at TeamTalk.
Any updates on your vinyl? I got all my pulley work done and installed new water pump. Im ready to start getting quotes on the vinyl here in Miami.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:53 AM
TT Enthusiast

south florida upholstry

Quote:
Any updates on your vinyl? I got all my pulley work done and installed new water pump. Im ready to start getting quotes on the vinyl here in Miami.

I might consider Viper Customs. They quoted me $3k for new skins for the entire interior. I will have to send them the old ones to use as templates and then find a local guy to install the new ones. They were going to send me vinyl samples which I'm still waiting for... You'd think with the amount of marine activity in SOFLA there'd be at least a handful of really good upholsterers...Global Marine is supposed to be good.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:53 PM
TT Regular

Have you sent them out yet? If they have come back, please share!
I took the boat in for servicing at SFMC, i kinda fell in love with a 2010 X45 :/ wife wasnt pleased!

Quote:
I might consider Viper Customs. They quoted me $3k for new skins for the entire interior. I will have to send them the old ones to use as templates and then find a local guy to install the new ones. They were going to send me vinyl samples which I'm still waiting for... You'd think with the amount of marine activity in SOFLA there'd be at least a handful of really good upholsterers...Global Marine is supposed to be good.