Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 11-06-2018, 03:57 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '99 205v
Found a pic of my buddy’s X2. Different tower than yours but almost certain the height is the same. His Rev10s still leave enough clearance for his bimini. I just realized I might’ve been wrong about the year of his. It could be an ‘03.
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2018, 04:00 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2005 Mastercraft X2
I think rev 10s it is then. I was just worried they may get in the way but sounds like they will be fine and well worth it. I will try to push them as far to the sides of the tower as I can.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2018, 05:21 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 40th Anniversary X Star!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
I think rev 10s it is then. I was just worried they may get in the way but sounds like they will be fine and well worth it. I will try to push them as far to the sides of the tower as I can.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Get 10s. Make it work. Wish it would have been an option for me
Old 11-06-2018, 06:17 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: pontoon
Quote:
Also like to not worry about the boat having enough power to start back up.
This is why im a fan of dual banks in a boat. Does not matter how large or small the stereo is or really how you use the boat. Having that backup cranking juice just in case.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:38 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft X2 2004 350 MCX
It has 04 or later board racks. So unless they were changed over its an 04.
Old 11-10-2018, 05:07 PM
TT Newbie

Another questions should I go with the swivel or fixed mount? Does one of mounts decrease the hand height more than the other?
Old 11-10-2018, 10:25 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '99 205v
I never really understood the desire to swivel the tower speakers forward. I don’t ever have mine on unless there is a wakeboarder riding. Even surfing I turn them down to 50% volume or less. So yeah, fixed mount should be fine unless you want to be that obnoxious guy blasting the tower speakers for no other reason than to be heard by everyone for a square mile.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:40 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Achilles sg124
Rev 10s or you will regret it. what's nice about the 05 tower is you can mount them up high so you dont knock yourself out everytime you walk under them.
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2018, 11:00 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallees View Post
It has 04 or later board racks. So unless they were changed over its an 04.
It's an 03. I changed the board racks a few years ago.

The 05 tower is quite a bit lower than the 01-04 tower. I'd still get the 10s and just push them out wide. If they are out wide over the seats, you shouldn't have any issues.

The swivel mounts allow you to mount the speakers on a curved or slanted part of the tower and swivel the speakers to get them facing straight back. With the fixed mount the speakers are always going to be pointing 90 degrees from the mounting tube.

The quick release on the swivel mounts is also nice if you want to take the speakers down for any reason. I usually take mine off the tower on long road trips. I don't think the fixed mounts have a quick release.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:52 PM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRW160 View Post
It's an 03. I changed the board racks a few years ago.

The 05 tower is quite a bit lower than the 01-04 tower. I'd still get the 10s and just push them out wide. If they are out wide over the seats, you shouldn't have any issues.

The swivel mounts allow you to mount the speakers on a curved or slanted part of the tower and swivel the speakers to get them facing straight back. With the fixed mount the speakers are always going to be pointing 90 degrees from the mounting tube.

The quick release on the swivel mounts is also nice if you want to take the speakers down for any reason. I usually take mine off the tower on long road trips. I don't think the fixed mounts have a quick release.
How easy do the swivel mounts make it to take the speakers off? My boat will be on a lift on a uncovered dock in the summer. Is removal easy/quick enough to take the speakers off after each use to keep them away from the elements/theft?

My previous boat had 2 pairs of xm7s and I would remove them after each use as it only took about 30 seconds to remove 4 speakers from the tower.