Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 04-09-2015, 09:28 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2009 X30 MCX / 2003 X2 MCX
Thanks everyone for the ski input and preventing me from waisting my $$$. Also, a BIG thanks to dfski and his son for selling me his 2012 Radar Senate. Can't wait to hit the water with this bad boy! It's blank so I guess I'm going binging shopping tonight. 1st timer buying a blank ski. Do I need to match binding bolt pattern with the ski? or do they fit universally? Thanks again
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2015, 10:23 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Ski Centurion
Do you plan to go a with Vector front boot and a RTP? Any of the newer Radar boots should fit as long as you get them with the feather lite frame

Old 04-10-2015, 11:02 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Radar and HO skis have the same binding holes. Not all brands line up, it isn't universal. When you go look at bindings you want a snug supportive fit. The size of the ski and bindings do NOT effect drill pattern for the ski. When shopping for bindings go comfort and support vs brand. You don't have to put radar bindings on that ski. I ski an HO A2 and am looking at radar bindings to put on my HO ski. HO has the same drill pattern.

For a non course skier, choosing the 69" is not a bad choice. The 68" would be the ideal legnth if you were in a course. The 69" won't turn as fast and will be easier to get up on and more forgiving.

The beauty about that ski is that when you start improving your skills example in a course, you can adjust the fin in the tail of that ski. Binding placement and fin adjustments can make that ski feel like a 68".

Just enjoy it now and find some shoes that are comfortable for it and enjoy it first. You have a very fine ski.

Oh and bindings are just as important as the ski. Better bindings cost more and are definitely worth the extra cost. Buy the most comfortable and supportive (more support more $$$) that your budget will allow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 04-10-2015, 11:49 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1993 prostar 205 previous 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Radar and HO skis have the same binding holes. Not all brands line up, it isn't universal. When you go look at bindings you want a snug supportive fit. The size of the ski and bindings do NOT effect drill pattern for the ski. When shopping for bindings go comfort and support vs brand. You don't have to put radar bindings on that ski. I ski an HO A2 and am looking at radar bindings to put on my HO ski. HO has the same drill pattern.

For a non course skier, choosing the 69" is not a bad choice. The 68" would be the ideal legnth if you were in a course. The 69" won't turn as fast and will be easier to get up on and more forgiving.

The beauty about that ski is that when you start improving your skills example in a course, you can adjust the fin in the tail of that ski. Binding placement and fin adjustments can make that ski feel like a 68".

Just enjoy it now and find some shoes that are comfortable for it and enjoy it first. You have a very fine ski.

Oh and bindings are just as important as the ski. Better bindings cost more and are definitely worth the extra cost. Buy the most comfortable and supportive (more support more $$$) that your budget will allow.
Good to know.... I thought HO was the only brand with that hole pattern.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:27 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1992 ProStar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseSteak1 View Post
.... Also, a BIG thanks to dfski and his son for selling me his 2012 Radar Senate.....
You're welcome. Glad it worked out for you and my son. Hope you enjoy it!!
Old 05-05-2015, 12:31 AM
MC Fanatic

Pulling the trigger on bindings for this ski and I have one question. I am right foot dominate, so do I need to buy a rear binding for my front foot? or are these bindings universal for left and right feet? I'd hate to order them to find out my front binding fits my left foot only. Thanks
Old 05-05-2015, 12:46 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Outback DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseSteak1 View Post
Pulling the trigger on bindings for this ski and I have one question. I am right foot dominate, so do I need to buy a rear binding for my front foot? or are these bindings universal for left and right feet? I'd hate to order them to find out my front binding fits my left foot only. Thanks
Some are left/right specific, most are only specific to front or back. Which are you looking at? Radar Strada, Vapor and Profile would be the closed toe, left/right specific boot. If you're looking at Vectors or Primes, you're fine with just a front and back, the only difference is the plate.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:50 AM
MC Fanatic

2014 Vector
Old 05-05-2015, 01:04 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Outback DD
All good, front boot is either foot, same with the RTP. Are you getting double boots or the toe plate?

Vectors are awesome by the way, so comfortable.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:47 AM
MC Fanatic

I'm either going with mis-matched boots or RTP. Thoughts?
Attached Images