Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-12-2017, 11:42 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: paddle
Angry.....
Old 08-12-2017, 11:54 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X-Star 2009 X-Star (SOLD) 2003 X2 (SOLD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davalonth View Post
Why do people care about how big the pickle forks are and if it can surf........on a boat they would never buy? I read so much from people who would never buy an XStar because they have moved onto surfing? What, are you trying to make the XStar a surf boat? I'm 46 and i ONLY wakeboard.......don't turn my XStar into a surf boat that you would never buy. XStar=WAKE...... NOT SURF. X23=SURF and you can get rid of the pickle fork if you want but I'm not gonna try and make a X23 a G killing wakeboarding machine. Whats next you wanna turn the Prostar into a surf boat? Yea I'm on a rant....say somthin.....

love and kisses, TROY

Agree. Even though we surf our xstar 10 times as much as wakeboard.
And I like the long pickle forks, they just give the star more of a mean look. Looks wise, both the last two gen xstars look better than anything else out there. I know looks don't make wakes and the lower profile makes all subfloor ballast difficult. But it will be sad to see the star turned into a tank, but that's probably what's coming.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:55 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 Mastercraft NXT20
Quote:
Why do people care about how big the pickle forks are and if it can surf........on a boat they would never buy? I read so much from people who would never buy an XStar because they have moved onto surfing? What, are you trying to make the XStar a surf boat? I'm 46 and i ONLY wakeboard.......don't turn my XStar into a surf boat that you would never buy. XStar=WAKE...... NOT SURF. X23=SURF and you can get rid of the pickle fork if you want but I'm not gonna try and make a X23 a G killing wakeboarding machine. Whats next you wanna turn the Prostar into a surf boat? Yea I'm on a rant....say somthin.....

love and kisses, TROY
Dave one day I hope one day I can own a x star. But the x star has to change, look at all the tow boats for surfing and wakeboarding. We need to see a x star that is 100% all around boat and bring it back to the number 1 tow boat

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2017, 12:26 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X46 6.2L
I guess it all depends on what MC is gunning for.

Is the goal to create a sexy wake boarding machine that is a bit cramped inside with little storage, all dedicated to one thing = a wakeboard wake? If so then they will have a boat that may be fun for photoshoots and team riders, but will never make a serious dent in the market, and will continue to have a "has-been" reputation. i.e. "Remember when the X-Star used to be iconic?" Etc. If thats what MC and a handful of boat owners want then great.

However, if MC wants to bring back excitement and prestige to their flagship boat, I think it needs to be something that hits the mark in many categories and appeals to the hard-core wakeboarder but also the watersport family that wants to do it all. I'd love to own an X-Star but it needs to be up to par with other flagship boats on the market with depth, interior space, storage and performance. I really don't want to see a narrow "niche" product that is unrealistic for the day tripping, multi-sport family to own. But maybe thats how MC wants it, and hopes to satisfy the rest of us with the XT series.

I'm excited to find out.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:27 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 black mastercraft x15 going on 1700 hrs sold! Upgraded to a 2013 mastercraft xstar 👍
Quote:

love and kisses, TROY
Lol amen. The Xstar is for wakeboarding.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:32 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X46 6.2L
I guess we need to start an online poll.

1) Who thinks the X-Star should be wake only at the expense of everything else?

2) Who thinks the X-Star boat should be great at wake and surf and appeal to a larger portion of the market?

Who can set it up?
Old 08-13-2017, 12:34 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Boatless and afraid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_Rider View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is this? A boat for ants?
Old 08-13-2017, 12:57 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun R View Post
What is this? A boat for ants?
Did you not think there were small scale tests? Lol

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018

Details released 12/17!!!!

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
1985 S&S
Old 08-13-2017, 05:09 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 XStar
Question, how many boats does mastercraft make? I don't know but they make plenty of all around multi task and niche boats in many lengths. Am I right? Why turn the XStar into a crossover multi purpose boats? Unless you want to have a multi crossover surf machine that you can call an XStar? At that point it just sounds like you want your specific needs boat with the XStar name. How about mastercraft make an X-SURF? Would that make you feel better?

I apologize for my bluntness but people who would never buy an XStar are *****ing about changes and features on a boat they would never buy. I wakeboard, the XStar is s purpose built wake machine.......let the XStar be that, don't make it it's something it is not.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:15 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 XStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210 View Post
Angry.....
Yes I am. I love mastercraft for the XStar. I could care less about any other mastercraft. Maybe when I can't wakeboard anymore I'll look at a different model that would suit my weaker needs but I'm not there.