Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-30-2018, 09:15 PM
mcsd1992 mcsd1992 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Boat: 2008 197 Prostar 40th Anniversary
Location: Northeast
Posts: 143
raised star decals

Does anyone know where i could purchase the silver stars that go on the side along the decals? ive ordered decals from waterskis.com before but they don't seem to sell them (unless i missed them) any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-30-2018, 09:24 PM
waterlogged882 waterlogged882 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Boat: 93 190
Location: lake
Posts: 12,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by workshopsk8r1321 View Post
Does anyone know where i could purchase the silver stars that go on the side along the decals? ive ordered decals from waterskis.com before but they don't seem to sell them (unless i missed them) any help would be greatly appreciated!
There is a recent thread here somewhere about this very topic. I think the guy found what you are looking for.
__________________
John 3:16-18
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-30-2018, 10:09 PM
Double D's Avatar
Double D Double D is online now
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Location: UCLA (Upper Canton, Lower Akron)
Posts: 6,758
This what your looking for?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F172193003698
__________________
If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!


"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-30-2018, 10:17 PM
mcsd1992 mcsd1992 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Boat: 2008 197 Prostar 40th Anniversary
Location: Northeast
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
yes it is! are these the right size and everything too??
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-31-2018, 05:11 PM
jkski jkski is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 2,098
Thanks to DoubldD, I ordered 2 of them this past weekend and they should arrive by Friday. They look identical and the measurements are right but proof is truly in the pudding.
So, if you want to wait to order until I get mine, I will confirm they are a match for what came from the factory on the 40th Anniv 197.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-01-2018, 12:34 AM
Krw1225 Krw1225 is online now
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Boat: 2008 X-14, 40th Anniversary Edition, MCX w/ Powerslot
Location: Southeast
Posts: 149
Yes, I have one that i ordered off eBay, boat is being delivered tomorrow. I don’t have time to remove my damaged one and put on, but I’ll try to use some tape to put up next to one and take a picture and upload. I’m hopeful they will be spot on.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-01-2018, 07:20 PM
Krw1225 Krw1225 is online now
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Boat: 2008 X-14, 40th Anniversary Edition, MCX w/ Powerslot
Location: Southeast
Posts: 149
Pros: They are the same size; imexpensive

Cons: the chrome is slightly different color, and the middle stick out a tad higher than the originals

True MCOCDír probably would notice, most people wouldnít. If it truly bothers you, you could replace them all on your boat for a fraction of what 1 from MC costs ($400+).
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-06-2018, 08:10 AM
mcsd1992 mcsd1992 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Boat: 2008 197 Prostar 40th Anniversary
Location: Northeast
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krw1225 View Post
Pros: They are the same size; imexpensive

Cons: the chrome is slightly different color, and the middle stick out a tad higher than the originals

True MCOCDír probably would notice, most people wouldnít. If it truly bothers you, you could replace them all on your boat for a fraction of what 1 from MC costs ($400+).
Thanks for the update. i am a little bit of an MCOCD myself as i like OEM. i like my stuff looking like its never been used haha. I will have to make this decision then on how i want to go about this.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-06-2018, 11:00 AM
jkski jkski is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 2,098
I received the couple I ordered and just as krw1225 noted above, they are not an exact match but far better than the alternative. I have a total of 8 stars on my 40th and simply went ahead and ordered 8 more to have a matching set. In my opinion, replacing only 1 will make it stick out as there is enough of a difference but if you replace all 8 then nobody would know any different unless you are sitting beside another boat that has the OEM's.

Again, not much choice out there and these are the closest you will find that will not break the bank. Order a couple of extra so that you have some for future replacement as needed.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-06-2018, 12:13 PM
Krw1225 Krw1225 is online now
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Boat: 2008 X-14, 40th Anniversary Edition, MCX w/ Powerslot
Location: Southeast
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
I received the couple I ordered and just as krw1225 noted above, they are not an exact match but far better than the alternative. I have a total of 8 stars on my 40th and simply went ahead and ordered 8 more to have a matching set. In my opinion, replacing only 1 will make it stick out as there is enough of a difference but if you replace all 8 then nobody would know any different unless you are sitting beside another boat that has the OEM's.

Again, not much choice out there and these are the closest you will find that will not break the bank. Order a couple of extra so that you have some for future replacement as needed.
Agreed. I havenít decided what Iím going to do, when the time comes, Iíll probably order enough to replace them all, but then I donít know I how feel about that either!

If you do end up replacing them all, iíd definitely buy one or 2 of your OEMs. I can always reapply 3m tape!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:02 AM.


2018