Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 03-10-2018, 07:58 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 X45 496 crusader
Teak world is the place to go if you want one made, they are right here in Lebanon TN. They can customize whatever you want. I am having them make me one cut down for my X45 ( as to keep it out of my surf wake). I believe they will also do refurbishing.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:26 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2000 MariStar 210 VRS EFI
Great advice guys. I am definitely going to look into Teak World. Iím working on getting the engine out now. I havenít had the most cooperative weather lately, so thereís been some delays. I got the backrest of the bench removed yesterday and now itís ready to go to the upholstery shop. We donít need to redo the entire fabric. Believe it or not most of it is just dirty. But itís still soft and cleaning up really well. Does anyone know of a true-fold engine deck instead of the big one piece? Also the previous owners removed the electric lift so thereís nothing to hold it open right now. Iíve attached a few pics of the trailer before and after.
Attached Images

Old 03-10-2018, 08:45 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
I've been begging my brother in law to start cutting trailer step pads out of some diamond cut traction material. After 2 years of whining about it he's agreed to water jet cut them if I get the patterns done. I have patterns just about done for (I believe) 2004 - 2010 MC tandem axle and 2011 - 2015 MC tandem axle trailers. I could really use the old pads you're removing for templates if you're not going to reuse them. I'd also like to get the inside fender carpet if you still have it. I'd be happy to pay the shipping.
Old 03-10-2018, 04:46 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 MariStar 225VRS
I had those step pads made out of Sea Dek. Gotten many compliments on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1998 MariStar 225VRS, 350ci LT1

Authorized Dealer for
Old 03-11-2018, 08:27 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
I did my trailer by hand last spring as well as one for a 97 PS190 I bought to flip. I've had many compliments as well and started getting people asking me to do their trailer which is how I got to the second tandem axle trailer mentioned above. Pretty labor intensive cutting them out by hand so I kept the old pads to use as a templates but only started doing this on the last two tandem trailers. I'd like to start a library of trailers and start cutting sets.

The new sets will be cut on our Water Jet and will be nicer than the hand cut sets I made as the radius and dimensions will be more accurate. My old set was cracking and pealing, the new pads really made a difference.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:31 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2000 MariStar 210 VRS EFI
I still haven't replaced the step pads on the Starboard side. I like your ideas of Sea Deck or another similar product.

I am presently waiting on some cooperative weather to get some additional work done on the 'ol girl. Does anyone have any suggestions for the discolored lower portion of my transom? I have heard Star Brite (or is it Sea Brite?) will take the discoloration out. And lastly: is there anything to make the prop look better? It is in good condition but just very dull.

Thanks again for all your help and suggestions. We are really looking forward to this season.