Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-11-2011, 11:11 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: N/A
How can you not cheer for the Pats? Other than Brady and a few offensive linemen, this is an entirely different team than the one that won three Super Bowls. The only downside to the Pats winning this year would be that Randy Moss would get a ring.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:50 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2003 PS197, MCX, Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
CP, I see all your hating spills over to the NFL thread.

What's wrong with the Ravens?
They are a division foe. I'm a Bengals fan. It would be like a Cowboys fan rooting for the Giants or the Eagles.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:53 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
I never have and never will cheer for the Ravens. I don't know why, but they are a team that only local fans could cheer for.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:53 AM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnB View Post
How can you not cheer for the Pats? Other than Brady and a few offensive linemen, this is an entirely different team than the one that won three Super Bowls. The only downside to the Pats winning this year would be that Randy Moss would get a ring.
brady was a wolverine, therefore I can only root against him. Plus he may be the most over-rated QB I've seen in my life.

Along that same line, I am really torn with the Packers. They have A.J. Hawk from OSU, but then there is the most hated traitor wolverine of all time in woodson on the same team.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:56 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
brady was a wolverine, therefore I can only root against him. Plus he may be the most over-rated QB I've seen in my life.

Along that same line, I am really torn with the Packers. They have A.J. Hawk from OSU, but then there is the most hated traitor wolverine of all time in woodson on the same team.
You're freaking kidding, right? That is easily the most ridiculous thing I have seen you post. The guy is a first ballot HOF'er that makes EVERYONE around him better. His career stats and accomplishments speak for themselves.

FTR, I am not a Pats fan either, but I would take Brady to be my franchise QB over any other QB in the league.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:08 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
You're freaking kidding, right? That is easily the most ridiculous thing I have seen you post. The guy is a first ballot HOF'er that makes EVERYONE around him better. His career stats and accomplishments speak for themselves.

FTR, I am not a Pats fan either, but I would take Brady to be my franchise QB over any other QB in the league.
Look, Matt Cassel stepped in for brady last season when he got hurt. By mid season Cassel was throwing for 250+ yards and by the end was over 300 most games. It is the system, not the player. Look in KC, Cassel is VERY average. It isn't the player, it's the team. brady gets all this praise like he is the greatest ever. Sorry, brady isn't even in the top 5 and maybe not the top 10.

The same can be said for joe montana. It was the system, not montana that was superior. Evidence of this is the fact that Steve Young and Jeff Garcia came along after montana and had just as good of numbers. If anything, it is Belechick and Walsh that were the masterminds behind these QB's, not the QB's themselves.

By the way, if you were to take a franchise QB, the best choice by far is Peyton Manning. Enjoy watching him while you can because he is the greatest QB the league has ever seen.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:16 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post

The HOF needs to check how it picks its enshrines. The fact that Troy Aikman is in is preposterous. Look at his numbers and remember that he turned around and handed the ball to the greasy turtle 30 times a game and tell me why he deserves to be in there? Why is he there? Because he was lucky enough to be the QB on a team that won several championships. The people who pick the HOF place too much emphasis on championships....hence Terry Bradshaw being in the HOF. It is the same as Aikman.

And just to make your head spin a little more, if Swann and Stallworth are in the HOF, then David Tyree belongs in there as well. The receiving numbers of Swann and Stallworth are VERY average.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:37 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Look, Matt Cassel stepped in for brady last season when he got hurt. By mid season Cassel was throwing for 250+ yards and by the end was over 300 most games. It is the system, not the player. Look in KC, Cassel is VERY average. It isn't the player, it's the team. brady gets all this praise like he is the greatest ever. Sorry, brady isn't even in the top 5 and maybe not the top 10.

The same can be said for joe montana. It was the system, not montana that was superior. Evidence of this is the fact that Steve Young and Jeff Garcia came along after montana and had just as good of numbers. If anything, it is Belechick and Walsh that were the masterminds behind these QB's, not the QB's themselves.

By the way, if you were to take a franchise QB, the best choice by far is Peyton Manning. Enjoy watching him while you can because he is the greatest QB the league has ever seen.
First off all, the Pats OL has been over hauled since Cassell was there. Secondly, Mankins was a hold out for the first 7 games this season (pro bowl player) and Kaczur was injured this season as well.

The system is very good in NE, no doubt about that, but Brady drives that system. With the short comings on the defensive side of the ball this season, a lot of the responsibility to wins games has fallen to the offense. Have they responded? Would they have won 14 games with Brian Hoyer? Heck no, they aren't a 7 win team with him under center.

Again, I agree with most of the Peyton comment, but I want a guy that doesn't lay blame with team mates etc. to lead my team. There is no doubt that he can read defenses as good as any of the best QB's of all time, but in my eyes he is not the best leader one could ask for. Indy is as much of a system team as NE is, yet Peyton throws nearly the same amout of TD/per game as Brady and more INT's per game than Brady. Brady has a better career win % than Manning, and has won more SB.

Games Wins % Yds TD INT RTG SB
Manning 208 141 67 54828 399 198 94.9 1

Brady 145 111 76 34744 261 130 95.2 3
Old 01-11-2011, 12:38 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
The HOF needs to check how it picks its enshrines. The fact that Troy Aikman is in is preposterous. Look at his numbers and remember that he turned around and handed the ball to the greasy turtle 30 times a game and tell me why he deserves to be in there? Why is he there? Because he was lucky enough to be the QB on a team that won several championships. The people who pick the HOF place too much emphasis on championships....hence Terry Bradshaw being in the HOF. It is the same as Aikman.

And just to make your head spin a little more, if Swann and Stallworth are in the HOF, then David Tyree belongs in there as well. The receiving numbers of Swann and Stallworth are VERY average.
Couldn't agree more.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:53 PM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
A great team will make a mediocre QB look great. In fact, all you probably need is a great offensive line and a receiver or two who can catch a ball. My team, the Redskins, won three Super Bowls with average (or below average) QBs: Joe Theismann, Doug Williams, and Mark Rypien.

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190