Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 01-18-2018, 01:10 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: mastercraft Stars and stripes 1982 351w
1982 Mastercraft stringer replacement

Iím about to start the stringer replacement and floor replacement on my 82 SS can anyone tell me a good place to buy the stingers and fiberglass needed for the project?
Old 01-18-2018, 02:19 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: paddle
You can start by reading this thread:

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...ad.php?t=82082

and Waterlogged882 is an expert on restoring these boats. There's also a facebook group..

Best of luck
Old 02-12-2018, 11:19 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1983 Starts & Stripes Powerslot, 92 Hydrodyne Comp
Yes- get to Waterlogged as the clear resident expert .The guru of restorations like yours. From my chair you will need to fabricate the stringers as I've never seen pre fab .As to glass, there are two topics to address. First is resin- epoxy vs poly. Second is cloth and fabric- what to use where. For sealing and bonding stringers and related epoxy is far stronger ands better choice. As to cloth & fabric you'll probably end up with a couple different types and weights. Anyway, Waterlogged can best advise you on this as well. Take a deep breath if you've not done stringers before. It's a task but is quite doable and you'll end up with a better than factory result. Good luck! Post pictures!