Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 09-21-2018, 06:47 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1990 Maristar 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayR View Post
Any more shots of the seal team boat? that thing looks bad ***.
I have a couple

First pic is after we repowered these boats, getting break in hours on them. We were out on the Chesapeake Bay.

Second pic is in a far away land but is one of my favorites!

Lastly, finally went and picked up the Maristar. It was difficult, but actually went really well. Shes back at the farm now!

Old 09-21-2018, 06:57 AM
TT Newbie

Addressing the windscreen misalignment - I need to look into it further but the aluminum flat that the center section rests on (when closed) is partially bent and it will allow the center piece to fold past the main section *if its flexed* a little bit. Its not major, nothing structural with the hull or even the mounting itself.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:00 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2004 maristar 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacNBlak View Post
Addressing the windscreen misalignment - I need to look into it further but the aluminum flat that the center section rests on (when closed) is partially bent and it will allow the center piece to fold past the main section *if its flexed* a little bit. Its not major, nothing structural with the hull or even the mounting itself.
Good news on the windscreen and cool pics!
Old 09-29-2018, 08:35 PM
TT Newbie

I've been working on removing old carpet and such as to remove as much of the 'organic matter' as I can so that I don't contract any diseases when working on the boat in the future .

I stuffed it in this spot in the barn for now to keep it dry. I have a boat load (pardon my pun) of trailer parts on the way from etrailer.com. My goal before winter is to get the trailer in shape, inspected and tagged. I want to get the bottom paint off the hull, possibly clean and polish the rest of the hull as well.

In removing the carpet, I have a question. It seems the carpet was installed before the top of the hull was placed. My plan as of now is to install something like Corinthian carpet with velcro so that I can remove and clean it as needed. Will I need to install some sort of material between the top section of the hull and the fiberglass floor? The same goes for the seat mounts as the carpet was installed under them too. I broke all but one of the screws that hold the seat mounts in place so I need to remove the remaining studs there now.

Feeling confident in this as I've been in contact with 91tri190. Thanks for the help!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-29-2018, 11:25 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 X2, MCX
Welcome and good luck with your project. Please post pics as make progress.

If you haven't found this thread, it may be helpful in your transmission adventure

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...ad.php?t=53874
Old 09-30-2018, 06:34 PM
TT Regular

I can help / would love to help with any of this. Saw your comment on my post.

These things are just beasts that refuse to die. I took mine from the graveyard to fully functional and have gained a lot of experience (I'm an engine guy, and can also do some limited gelcoat work).

Hit me in PM, you are mid-atlantic so near me and I can travel.

Now I have a boat so I can't afford it anymore.