Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-02-2018, 08:32 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2003 Supreme
Boat Show Incentives (Buying a new boat)

Hey all,

We are heading to the Calgary boat show next weekend to look at purchasing a new boat! I have never really dealt with boat dealers in the past or purchased a new boat. My last boat was a 2003 Supreme. Got rid of it a few years ago when we decided to build a new house and now we are back in the market.

My question is what is a fair price to pay for a boat. Obviously everything is going to have a MSRP sticker price. I'm not against being fair to a dealer and sales person but I also don't want to get taken to the cleaners but money is money. Do people say a certain percent above invoice pricing? Any past experience? Is the couple thousand dollar incentive you save on boats about as good as it gets?

Thanks in advance!

-Herm
Old 02-02-2018, 10:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 Mastercraft NXT20
Here is an example from the la boat show on an xt22, I would say 20 to 25% off msrp is a fair deal. Or look at left over stock and slightly used boats. Martin motor sports has a killer selection of everything. Their x star should be at the show too

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2018, 10:19 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '15 X10 6.0L, '15 X30 6.2L
Showroom discount for most MC dealers is 20-22% off window sticker MSRP. Boat show should do better for off the floor.

Martin Motorsports is impressive in both inventory and overall pricing, we got our X30 from them and were very pleased. They also just merged with Rayburns.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:58 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2017 X23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermi88 View Post
Hey all,

We are heading to the Calgary boat show next weekend to look at purchasing a new boat! I have never really dealt with boat dealers in the past or purchased a new boat. My last boat was a 2003 Supreme. Got rid of it a few years ago when we decided to build a new house and now we are back in the market.

My question is what is a fair price to pay for a boat. Obviously everything is going to have a MSRP sticker price. I'm not against being fair to a dealer and sales person but I also don't want to get taken to the cleaners but money is money. Do people say a certain percent above invoice pricing? Any past experience? Is the couple thousand dollar incentive you save on boats about as good as it gets?

Thanks in advance!

-Herm
When at the show ask for Cole in the MMS booth, he will get you looked after!! Super great guy.
2014 Z3
2013 Z3
2012 Z3
2012 RZR
Old 02-03-2018, 01:48 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2003 Supreme
Thanks for the replies guys! Hope to come home a boat owner again!
Old 02-03-2018, 03:25 AM
bdcoutts

Yes Mms is great , just got the new supra SL from them at a very fair price and got a fair price on trade too
Old 02-03-2018, 09:04 AM

Boat: 40th Anniversary X14
Pricing varies from dealer to dealer. But there is a nationally advertised pricing program right now for certain boats with set options, (meaning the dealers have to sell that boat for that price, even though they could possibly otherwise sell it for more $) and I think that is what is depicted in the offer that Hyman posted.

20% off msrp on a new Mastercraft is a good deal. I don't believe that most dealers start at 20-22% off on the showroom floor. Some may.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1997 Prostar 190, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:27 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X14 w/ LY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSalesGuy View Post
When at the show ask for Cole in the MMS booth, he will get you looked after!! Super great guy.
The MMS guys are great. Scott is another sales guy that has been with them for years and will also take great care of you.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:56 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Mastercraft Maristar 200VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
Pricing varies from dealer to dealer. But there is a nationally advertised pricing program right now for certain boats with set options, (meaning the dealers have to sell that boat for that price, even though they could possibly otherwise sell it for more $) and I think that is what is depicted in the offer that Hyman posted.

20% off msrp on a new Mastercraft is a good deal. I don't believe that most dealers start at 20-22% off on the showroom floor. Some may.

I too am heading tomorrow morning to the boat show and looking to buy. We have two pertinent Mastercraft dealers in Charlotte. Are you saying that 20% off MSRP is a deal at the boat show, or off the regular showroom floor? What would a good deal be on a boat show? 22%+?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2018, 12:31 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Sad to see that most of the boat shows are not bringing DD 3-event boats to the show.