Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 01-23-2018, 04:59 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: MasterCraft, Prostar 200, 1988, 150hp Johnson
1988 Prostar 200

First time boat owner, and just bought a 88 Mastercraft Prostar 200. Not seeing too much on them. I’ve already started working on cleaning it up. However there’s a few things I’m looking for and not sure where to go or what will work. So i thought I’d try this out.

I’m looking for a belly strap. I’ve seen the gunwale straps but everyone I have found the buckle will sit on the side of the boat instead of the middle. Have any of you found a gunwale strap with the buckle in the center?

I’m also looking for a throttle handle. The control box is perfectly fine, but it plastic is weathered on the hand and caused it to crack. I’m kind of thinking i will have to buy the whole control box but just wanted to see if anyone got lucky in finding just the handle.

Lastly, i need a cover for it. I have one that came with the boat, but it doesn’t fit correctly. I can’t find anything on covers for the outboard MasterCraft. Do any of you have picture of what yours looks like or where you purchased it?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Last edited by Alexxravenn; 01-23-2018 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Cover
Old 01-23-2018, 06:32 PM

Boat: XT22
Congrats on the boat.

You probably want to strap the boat to the trailer from the bow eye and transom hooks - not over the middle of the boat.

Not sure on the cover. You may need to have one made custom/ local etc. There is a small chance that either Brent at Coversports or Corey at Evolution Covers will have a pattern. If not, they probably have the inboard pattern and can work with you to get it right. (Possibly in conjunction with a local shop) Google either name and they should pop right up for contact info

Welcome to the forum.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:31 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1992 Prostar 190 1988 Prostar 200
I will get pictures of my cover next time I'm at home. No idea where it was made. Custom job many years ago no doubt. I also have an 88, mine has the original Yamaha strapped to it. It's an awesome boat! Congrats!

Tags
mastercraft, prostar, prostar 200