Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-29-2010, 03:50 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Guy's..... I am VERY much considering selling my set up. Click on my avitar and look at the skylon with the board racks. I am also considering letting the inclosed speaker box go too.

Reason for selling is that I am VERY much considering buying a New Deminsions tower with a bimini top.

I am NOT selling the speakers they were $500 for the pair and am buying another pair just like them if I do decide on the tower.

Yes I do run this set up with an Barefoot International boom bracket on the factory pylon and skylon at the same time. I have also had boom out and skylon up at same time. NOW the boom catches the rope all of the time and makes driving a little harder, but getting hung on boards or racks is not an issue.

I have never had any trouble with the rope getting cought on the wakeboards. I do around the boats with a wakeboard all of the time. Picking up fallen skiers or boarders has not been an issue either. I do know if it is mounted too high you will have issues.

So if interested the Low Profile Bimini, the skylon, and the custom enclosure are all for sale.

How the wires run to top is through the bildge with a four way flat connector that is in a channel up the backside of the skylon with a connection between the two pieces for easy up and down.

PM me if you are interested and click on my avitar look at the pictures on my albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....

Last edited by Kyle; 01-29-2010 at 03:56 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:35 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercrart Maristar 210 1990
I had to pass on Mag Reds generous offer. The wife really wants the boards out of the way. I might have to go with the BI boom. Uncleboo stated something I had not thought of. Adjusting the height. I am 6'5" and my brothers son is 6'6". He has never had the opportunity to ski and really wants to learn. My kids are still young so the ability to adjust the height would be a big plus. Uncleboo, thanks for the picture of the bracket. I think it is exactly what I was looking for. After hearing what you guys are saying about the rope getting caught on the boards, I think I need to think this through. I know what some of you guys are thinking, a tower is the answer.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:11 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
uncleboo's pic of the BI mount will still work with a skylon or flyhigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 07-22-2011, 03:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Lyman 17' Runabout 1960 with 1960 Johnson 75hp, 2000 Pro Star 205
has anyone done boom, flyhigh, and pylon mounted bimini together? That is three things on the pylon, not sure how that would work?