Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 06-07-2017, 03:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2017 NXT 22
Other option to delay the trip and keep the day on the water alive is use a manual pump to fill, since the drain is a separate pump.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:00 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2016 NXT20
+2 on taking off the hose coming into the bag, turn the pump on, and suck. If you don't get water something is blocking the flow.

Also, I think some dealers cover(tape) the intake holes for the ballast.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:59 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, NXT 20, 2016
Boat came back from dealer. They reversed the bags and inflow/drain lines (at least that is what they told me; not sure if they did some other things too). First time back in the lake trying to fill tanks/bags it did not work. Urghhh... But after performing a couple more "tricks" to get the air out of lines, all tanks and bags filled. Will continue to try it in coming days, with fingers crossed.

Basically, these darn things simply get air in the line, the tsunami pumps etc. But now I have a few more "tricks" (too weird to explain) to try to remove the air. Good luck to those with similar issues. Wish I had more definitive answers and prescriptions for you. And thanks for all of the suggestions guys.
Old 06-09-2017, 11:43 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X20 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdshaffer View Post
Boat came back from dealer. They reversed the bags and inflow/drain lines (at least that is what they told me; not sure if they did some other things too). First time back in the lake trying to fill tanks/bags it did not work. Urghhh... But after performing a couple more "tricks" to get the air out of lines, all tanks and bags filled. Will continue to try it in coming days, with fingers crossed.

Basically, these darn things simply get air in the line, the tsunami pumps etc. But now I have a few more "tricks" (too weird to explain) to try to remove the air. Good luck to those with similar issues. Wish I had more definitive answers and prescriptions for you. And thanks for all of the suggestions guys.
I've heard of hit and miss luck with the NXT Tsunami Pumps, pretty much by design and cost savings.
It was not a "deal breaker" when looking at NXT , but def something I thought about in the big picture.

Im sure you will be fine and enjoying your boat in no time..
Probably will just take a learning curve on what fill method works best.

2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
2016 G21 Coastal
2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
2013 Yamaha 242LS

Tags
ballast, fill, nxt